Displaying latest 1 to 50 of 3928 records. Show all records
Papurau a lluniau teuluol (Ref: ADX/1718 addl.)
Ffotograffau ac eitemau eraill
Acc.No: 4002 Date of material: Extent: Access: Agored Not yet in the catalogue
Ceredigion Museum Official Opening Programme (Ref: CSC/MUS/7)
New Approaches: Printed programme for the Official Opening of Ceredigion Museum and Aberystwyth Tourist Information Centre, by Miss Bronwen Morgan, Chief Executive, Ceredigion County Council, on 8 September 2017 [following a major renovation]
Acc.No: 4001 Date of material: 2017 Extent: 1 item Access: Not yet in the catalogue
Friends of Ceredigion Museum (Ref: DSO/63/3-7)
DSO/63/3 Newsletters, vols 1-2
DSO/63/4 Updates from the Chair, 2018 and 2019
DSO/63/5. Paper by Susan J. Davies, Chair, entitled Heritage in Ceredigion: What is it and why does it matter? 2017
DSO/63/6. Programmes: 2017, 2018
DSO/63/7. Other ephemera
Acc.No: 4000 Date of material: 2017 onwards Extent: Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Memorial service programmes (Ref: ADX/1762)
1. Programme: Memorial Service commemorating the centenary of the awarding of the Victoria Cross to Brigadier General Lewis Pugh Evans VC, CB, CMG, DSO [of Lovesgrove], to be held at the War Memorial, Llanbadarn Fawr on 4 October 2017. 2 copies.
2. Programme. Commemoration and Dedication Service to honour Michael J. Dunphy, Welsh Guards (d. 1982 serving in the Falkklands), Lee T. Davies, Welsh Guards (d. 2012 serving in Afghanistan) and David M.E. Greenhalgh, Grenadier Guards (d. 2010 serving in Afghanistan), to be held at Cardigan War Memorial on 12 October 2019. 2 copies.
Acc.No: 3999 Date of material: 2017 and 2019 Extent: 4 items Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Lampeter Welfare Institute and Avondale Old People's Home records (Ref: CBG/485(a) and CBG/AB/81)
CBG 485(a) Admission and Discharge book for casual poor for Lampeter Casual Ward at the Lampeter Welfare Institute 1943-1949.
CBG/AB/81 Day Book ( delivery book) from Tradesmen to Avondale OPH, Aberystwyth 1956-1958
Acc.No: 3998 Date of material: 1943-1949, 1956-1958 Extent: 2 items Access: Not yet in the catalogue
Booklet: The Ceredigion Community Map (Ref: CDD/MUS/7)
Booklet: The Ceredigion Community Map part II by Harold Seldon. Published by Ceredigion Museum.
The Ceredigion Community Map was designed by Roy Marsden and made by the West Wales Marquetry Group who presented it to Ceredigion Museum at the opening of the 40th National Marquetry Exhibition at The Coliseum, Aberystwyth, May 1992.
Acc.No: 3997 Date of material: 1992 Extent: 1 item Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Taflen fywgraffiadol / biographical leaflet (Ref: ADX/1760)
Taflen ddwyieithog am David Ivon Jones (1883-1924). Cyhoeddwyd gan yr Archif Wleidyddol Gymreig, Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru, ar achlysur dadorchuddio plac i goffau D.I. Jones ar gapel yr Undodiaid, Y Stryd Newydd, Aberystwyth, 23 Ebrill 1994
Bilingual leaflet about David Ivon Jones (1883-1924). Published by the Welsh Poilitical Archive, The National Library of Wales, to coincide with the unveiling of a plaque to commemorate D.I. Jones on the Unitarian Chapel, New Street, Aberystwyth, on 23 April 1994
Acc.No: 3996 Date of material: 1994 Extent: 1 item Access: Agored/open Not yet in the catalogue
Taflenni / Leaflets, Eglwys Llanbadarn Fawr Church (Ref: ADX/1759)
1. Taflen gwybodaeth: 'J.P. Seddon a'r llawr mosaig, yn Eglwys Sant Padarn, Llanbadarn Fawr, gan Rust a'i Gwmni o Lambeth', gan Tim Palmer.
2. Information leaflet: 'J.P. Seddon and the mosaic floor by Rust and Co. of Lambeth in St Padarn's Church, Llanbadarn Fawr' by Tim Palmer
Acc.No: 3995 Date of material: c. 2019 Extent: 2 eitem Access: Agored/Open Not yet in the catalogue
Two cricket score books for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries team(s) (Ref: DSO/140 addl.)
Two cricket score books for the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries ( latterly MAFF) team(s) seasons 1950 and 1968
Acc.No: 3994 Date of material: 1950 and 1968 Extent: 2 items Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
A Family History of Margaret Ann Lewis (Ref: ADX/1758)
A Family History of Margaret Ann Lewis (1900 - 1988) written and researched by Steph Woods for and with the help of family members. TWO COPIES one held as search-room copy.
Acc.No: 3993 Date of material: Modern but scope is 18th - 20th century Extent: 2 folders Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
History of the YFC Movement in Wales (Ref: ADX/1757)
Typescript: History of the Young Farmers Club Movement in Wales. Author unknown.
Acc.No: 3992 Date of material: c. 1967 Extent: 1 item Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Cardiganshire Art Society / Cymdeithas Gelfyddyd Ceredigion (Ref: DSO/180)
1. Programme of the 19th Annual Exhibition, 1981
Acc.No: 3991 Date of material: 1981 Extent: 1 item Access: Open Not yet in the catalogue
Sioe Llangeitho Show (Ref: DSO/179)
Rhaglenni Sioe Amaethyddol a Garddwriaethol Llangeitho / Programmes of the Llangeitho Young Farmers' Agricultural and Horticultural Show.
1. Rhaglen/Programme 2011
Acc.No: 3990 Date of material: 2011 Extent: 1 item Access: Agored/Open Not yet in the catalogue
Sioe Pontrhydfendigaid Show (Ref: DSO/178)
Rhaglenni Sioe Amaethyddol a Garddwriaethol Pontrhydfendigaid / Programmes of the Pontrhydfendigaid Agricultural and Horticultural Show.
1. Rhaglen/Programme 2011
Acc.No: 3989 Date of material: Extent: 1 item (may accrue) Access: Agored/Open Not yet in the catalogue
1. "Interesting History of Lampeter" by R.D. [Rees Davies] recollecting the town of the 1870s (Ref: MUS/516)
1. "Interesting History of Lampeter" by R.D. [Rees Davies] " well-known Lampetrian" published in The Cambrian News weekly from 5th July 1935, recollecting the town of the 1870s
2. University prospectus for SDUC Lampeter 1966-7
Acc.No: 3988 Date of material: 1935-1966 Extent: 3 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/516)
Research material relating to Llanfair Clydogau (Ref: )
5 separate packages
2 folder " School Photographs - who do you recognise?"
3. Envelope marked "Viking Direct"
4 Clear pink plastic wallet containing manuscript "Llanfair and Cellan Y.F.C"
5. Clear blue plastic wallet containing copies of photographs " Llanfair Clydogau Board School Photographs vol 1 - not all in History"
Acc.No: 3985 Date of material: Extent: Access: Not yet in the catalogue
Music and words for Y Gwanwyn and Nant Y Mynydd (Ref: MUS/514)
Music and words for Y Gwanwyn and Nant Y Mynydd. The latter won the prize at the 1863 Swansea Eisteddfod for John Thomas Blaenannerch ( after 1871 'John Thomas Llanwrtyd').
Acc.No: 3984 Date of material: Before 1871 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/514)
Royal ephemera relating to Aberystwyth (Ref: MUS/513)
1. Single ticket for the Grand Coronation Ball held at the King's Hall Aberystwyth 11 May 1937
2. Souvenir Programme of Celebrations in the Borough of Aberystwyth for the Coronation of Their Majesties King George VI and Queen Elizabeth 12 May 1937. two copies
3. Souvenir Programme of the Visit of Their Majesties the King and Queen to Aberystwyth to open the National Library of Wales 12 July 1937
Acc.No: 3983 Date of material: 1937 Extent: 4 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/513)
Items relating to E.G.Piears' garage business at 10 and 43 Terrace Road, Aberystwyth and other motoring ephemera (Ref: MUS/517)
1.Business card of E.G. Piears
2.Receipt from Cardiganshire County Council for the registraion of a motor car and driving licence, both for E.G. Piears 1904
3.Hackney Carriage/Motor licence for Edwin George Piears 1904
4.Hackney Carriage/Motor licence for Edwin George Piears 1905
5.Hackney Carriage/Motor licence for Edwin George Piears 1907
6.Licence to drive a motor car made out for Miss N Neale, Bryn Vedwen, Little Dargate Street, Aberystwyth 1905-1906
7.Licence to drive a motor car made out for Mr Edwin George Piears (1908-1909)
Acc.No: 3982 Date of material: 1904-1908 Extent: 7 items Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
Two documents from the Great Western Railway (GWR) relating to the career of John Henry Woollam (Ref: MUS/178 (part))
Two documents from the Great Western
Railway (GWR) relating to the career of John Henry Woollam.
1. Letter to Woollam's mother returning doctor's note and testimonials because his identity cannot be properly proved as his full name is missing. 1916
2.Letter advising Signalman Woollam that he has obtained a merit pass in his signalling examination. 1926
Acc.No: 3981 Date of material: 1916-1926 Extent: 2 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/178)
Membership card with programme for the Aberystwyth Travel Club (Ref: MUS/511)
Membership card with programme for the Aberystwyth Travel Club
Acc.No: 3980 Date of material: c. 1960-65 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/511)
Memorial Card and Children's Savings Card. (Ref: MUS/510)
1. Memorial Card to Harold James, son of William and Jane Jones, a Welsh dairy family in Bethnal Green. 1882
2. Children's Saving's Card to encourage schoolchildren to save money. N.d. 1970s
Acc.No: 3979 Date of material: 1882-c.1975 Extent: 2 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/510)
"Sea Breezes" magazine containing article on John Mathias and sons of Aberystwyth (a deep sea shipping company 1883 - 1922) (Ref: MUS/509)
"Sea Breezes" magazine containing article on John Mathias and sons of Aberystwyth (a deep sea shipping company 1883-1922) by Jack Smith-Hughes
Acc.No: 3978 Date of material: April 1968 Extent: 1 item Access: good Show catalogue(MUS/509)
Bendigedig Fyddo Duw a Thad Ein Harglwydd Iesu Grist (Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ) Score (Ref: MUS/507)
1."Bendigedig Fyddo Duw a Thad Ein Harglwydd Iesu Grist "(Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ) Score. Music by S.S., Wesley . Published by O.U.P. and U.W.P for the National Council of Music.By permission of Jack Edwards, Aberystwyth [Possibly synonymous with Jack Edwards 1853 - 1942), bookseller, Great Darkgate Street.]
2. A cardboard milk bottle top from J.D. Thomas, Dairy Farmer, 29 Wynford Road, King's Cross [a London Welsh dairy business]
Acc.No: 3976 Date of material: n.d. Extent: 2 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/507)
Programme for a performance at the King's Hall, Aberystwyth (Ref: MUS/506)
Programme for a Night of Music and Ballet at the King's Hall, Aberystwyth arranged by Miss Winifred A. Woollett (member of the Royal Academy of Dancing ) with names of performers
Acc.No: 3975 Date of material: 19th June 1956 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/506)
Y Dyddiadur Wesleyaidd yn nghydag Amseroni am 1849 (Ref: MUS/505)
Y Dyddiadur Wesleyaidd yn nghydag Amseroni am 1849 [Wesleyan Diary 1849 publ. Timothy Jones, Llanidloes ] With useful facts concerning the dates of Welsh fairs, the price ofstamps, income tax, tides and Wesleyan Ministers. May have been owned by John Edwards. Contains agricultural and cereal sale details.
Acc.No: 3974 Date of material: 1849 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/505)
Sketches, leaflets and books concerning lifeboats and the sea and other ephemera (Ref: MUS/504)
1. Notes and sketches relating to the construction of a motor launch or yacht. 1930s?
2. Ship's Lifeboats. A handbook for the Ministry of Transport Examination for Certificates in Lifeboat Efficiency. 1951
3. Sailing Ships and Sailors of Wales by Col. Henry Hughes 1960
4. The Story of the Aberystwyth Life-Boat 1861-1961
5. Aberdyfi, a glimpse of the past. A collection of photographs assembled by Hugh M. Lewis
Published by the Cambrian News. 1979
The photographs reproduced in this volume date between 1884 and 1945, and are accompanied by line drawings and sketches.
6. Rescue by Sail and Oar: Lifeboats before the days of engine power by Ray Kipling RNLI 1982
7. Leaflet 'The Faith of a Biologist' : a weekly invitation from the Aberystwyth Christian Assembly no.40 July- August 1977
Acc.No: 3973 Date of material: 1961-1982 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/504)
Paper bag from Aberystwyth Laundry and Dry Cleaning Works Ltd. Mill Street, Aberystwyth. (Ref: MUS/503)
Brown paper bag from Aberystwyth Laundry and Dry Cleaning Works Ltd. Mill Street, Aberystwyth. Telephone 64.
Acc.No: 3972 Date of material: 1930 ( based on phone number?) Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/503)
Western Mail cutting relating to the discovery of auroch bones at Borth (Ref: MUS/502)
Western Mail cutting relating to the discovery of auroch bones at Borth by Aran Morris a greengrocer from Borth
Acc.No: 3971 Date of material: 17th January 1968 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/502)
Electoral card in support of Lloyd George for local candidate Ernest Evans (Ref: MUS/501)
Electoral card in support of Lloyd George for Cardiganshire candidate Ernest Evans in the 1921 election.
Acc.No: 3970 Date of material: 1921 Extent: 1 items Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
Knoll & Co. Blotting Album with Calendar for 1912 (Ref: MUS/500)
Knoll & Co. Blotting Album with Calendar for 1912. Knoll & Co. were a German pharmaceutical company, and this blotter calendar features pictures of German spa resorts and popular drugs in their range.
Acc.No: 3969 Date of material: 1912 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/500)
Albwm Mrs Morfudd Jones, Tregaron o hanes y 'Farmers' Co-op yn Nhregaron. (Ref: DB/117)
Ffotograffau, penillion, adroddiadau blynyddol
Acc.No: 3968 Date of material: 1919 - 1990 Extent: 1 eitem Access: Not yet in the catalogue
Newspaper and magazine material relating to the death of passenger guard Edward Shone of Aberystwyth in the Abermule railway disaster (Ref: MUS/391/1-8)
Newspaper and magazine material relating to the death of passenger guard Edward Shone of Aberystwyth in the Abermule railway disaster
Acc.No: 3967 Date of material: 1921 - 1996 Extent: 8 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/391)
Letters and ephemera relating to the homes and business interests of Susannah Rudman ( nee Saunders ) of Ty Mawr Cilcennin and Glanrhydw Kidwelly. (Ref: MUS/499)
Letters and ephemera relating to the homes and business interests of Susannah Rudman ( nee Saunders ) of Ty Mawr Cilcennin and Glanrhydw Kidwelly.
Acc.No: 3966 Date of material: Extent: Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
London Welsh items (Ref: MUS/498)
1. 'They Passed Through' : A brief narrative of the work of the Welsh Services Club, London 1941-1946 by Millward Jones
2. Pamffled : Gwasanaeth I goffau yr Esgob William Morgan ( 1545-1604), Cyfieithydd y Beibl Cymraeg, 1588 / Pamphlet : Service to commemorate Bishop William Morgan (1545-1604) translator of the Welsh Bible of 1588.
Acc.No: 3965 Date of material: 1946-1954 Extent: 2 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/498)
Various items relating to Powell Street Aberystwyth and epherema (Ref: MUS/497)
London tram and bus tickets, a booklet about the community at Port Sunlight, birth and baptism certificates of Evan Davies of Hill Crest, Powell Street etc.
Acc.No: 3964 Date of material: 1881-1933 Extent: 8 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/497)
Documents relating to Tynyporth and other premises in Lledrod (Ref: MUS/496)
Documents relating to Tynyporth and other premises in Lledrod, and epehemera.
Acc.No: 3963 Date of material: 1808- c.1960 Extent: 29 items Access: open Show catalogue(MUS/496)
Nineteenth century portrait photographs and cartes de visite (Ref: ADX/1755)
20 cabinet portraits and 29 cartes de visite from Trgaron, Aberystwyth, Cardigan and Aberaeron. Very few identified. List to follow.
Acc.No: 3962 Date of material: all late nineteenth - early twentieth century Extent: 49 items Access: open Show catalogue(ADX/1755)
Miscellaneous items relating to Tregaron area (Ref: ADX/1754)
Items relating to the Tregaron area.
1. School photograph, Tangarreg Council School. With 'Best Attendance' sign. No date - Edwardian?
2. School photograph, Castell Flemish School, 1938
3. Tregaron County School. No date; 1940s approx.
4. Group photograph, Tregaron School 'paratoi i fynd i'r Eisteddfod' [preparing to go to the Eisteddfod]. No date - 1940s?
5. Postcard, view of Tregaron Bog Nature Reserve. No date.
6. Postcard, Youth Hostel and Cwmberwyn, Tregaron. No date.
7. Photograph, Tregaron RDC, opening of the Council Chamber. No date; 1940s approx.
8. Photograph, Tregaron RDC outside the Memorial Hall, on the occasion of the annual dinner.
9. Book noting receipts of rent and mortgage payment for various properties incl. Ffosfelen, Pantyrhew, Troedyrhiw (Bethania) and other properties, and also sales of livestock etc. 1912-1925 approx.
10 - assorted receipts, ephemera etc.
Acc.No: 3961 Date of material: Extent: Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1754)
Postcards of New Quay (Ref: ADX/1753)
Five large postcards reproducing old photographs of New Quay, and one other image. Produced for The Shell Shop, New Quay, in the 1980s approx.
1. The Pepperpot Lighthouse, New Quay, in 1934. It was lost to a gale in 1937.
2. New Quay harbour and town from the pier, 1910
3. Glanmor Terrace and Angorfa Stores. 1904
4. George Street c. 1914, with residents and postman. 2 copies.
5. Mounted reproduction sketch of New Quay harbour and town in olden days by Andrew Davies. No date but apparently modern.
Acc.No: 3960 Date of material: Extent: Access: Show catalogue(ADX/1753)
Photographs of Austin 7 cars (Ref: ADX/1752)
Colour photographs of Austin cars registered in Cardiganshire.
1. Austin 7 reg. no. EJ 4846, registered in 1936. Electronic photograph of the car as restored by owner; colour printout in box.
2. Electronic photograph of dashboard badge from EJ 4846 (supplied by Gwalia Motors, Aberystwyth). Printout in box.
3. Austin 7 pick-up, reg. no. EJ 1570 in a fielld (a rally?). Colour photograph, c. 1970s or 1980s.
Acc.No: 3959 Date of material: 1970s-modern Extent: 3 items Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1752)
Photographs and ephemera from the lives of Beth Justice and Joyce Fletcher (Ref: ADX/1751)
Photographs and ephemera from the lives of Beth Justice and Joyce Fletcher. Miss Justice and Miss Fletcher both trained as nurses and retired to Aberystwyth, where they led active lives (volunteering, holidays, entertaining friends etc) for many years.
Acc.No: 3958 Date of material: 1940s-2017 Extent: Access: Closed pending review Not yet in the catalogue
Photographs of storm damage at Aberystwyth promenade. (Ref: DYC/HI/3/7)
Photographs of storm damage at Aberystwyth promenade, no date, but probably 1980s. Interesting features include the WW2 naval sea mine used as a charity box and the King's Hall in the background. Images probably taken by Dyfed County Council.
Acc.No: 3957 Date of material: 1980s ? Extent: 16 photographs Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
Western Mail & South Wales News article on gale damage at New Quay and the loss of the 'Pepper Box' Lighthouse (Ref: ADX/1750)
Western Mail & South Wales News article of gale damage at New Quay and the loss of the 'Pepper Box' Lighthouse
Acc.No: 3956 Date of material: 6th April 1967 Extent: 1 item Access: open Show catalogue(ADX/1750)
Subscription list for the metal bridge at Crosswood (Trawscoed) 1880 (Ref: ADX/1749)
Subscription list for the metal bridge at Crosswood (Trawscoed) 1880 with 2 excerpts from Welsh Newspapers Online
Acc.No: 3954 Date of material: 1880 Extent: 2 items Access: open Show catalogue(ADX/1749)
Records relating to council building projects in the county (Ref: DYC/HI/6)
Records predominantly relating to building projects that Dyfed Council were involved in including:
Alexandra Rd, Brewer Street & Cambrian Street, Aberystwyth (buildings formerly used as Green's Iron Foundry & Slate Enamelling Works) 1979
Coliseum, Terrace Road Aberystwyth building work 1979
Bro Meillion, Cellan, Lampeter
Maesyrodyn, Rhydowen, Llandysul 1982-3
Glanifor, Llechryd, Cardigan [no estate of this name in Llechryd]
Riverside Walk, Cardigan
Canolfan Hamddern Teifi, Cardigan
Guild Hall Clock Tower, Cardigan 1987-8
Acc.No: 3953 Date of material: 1970s-1980s Extent: 17 vols Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
Ysgol Talybont School photographs (Ref: CSC/ED/10 addl)
School, class and group photographs from Talybont school.
Acc.No: 3952 Date of material: 20th century - 2019 Extent: Access: ? DP issues Not yet in the catalogue
Llancynfelin school records & Talybont Domestic Science Register (Ref: LCY; TLB; CSC/ED/30)
LCY/R/3 - Pre school-age register 1946-1982
LCY/R/4 - 'Special Subjects' register - Domestic Science 1942-1943
LCY/SR/2-10 - Summary Registers 1940-1987
LCY/X/1 - Stocks and Stores book 1913-1946
LCY/X/2 - Requisition book 1963-1972
TLB/R/2 - 'Special Subjects' register - Domestic Science 1944-1945
CSC/ED/30- Ysgol Llancynfelin school photograph 2000
Acc.No: 3951 Date of material: 1913-1987 Extent: 13 volumes Access: Subject to restrictions under Data Protection Not yet in the catalogue
Aberystwyth Walking Group slideshow (on CD-Rom) (Ref: DSO/177 provisional ref)
Aberystwyth Walking Group slideshow of 2019 walks prepared for the Dinner January 2020, including some reminders of previous walks ( e.g. 1989)
Acc.No: 3950 Date of material: 1989 (? ) -2020 Extent: 1 CD Rom Access: open Not yet in the catalogue
Publications about Aberystwyth (Ref: ADX/1748)
1. Aberystwyth Borough 1277-1974 by Howard C. Jones. Published by the Cambrian News to commemorate the end of Aberystwyth Borough due to the 1974 local government reorganization.
2. Aberystwyth - Town and Around Official Guide. C. late 1970s.
Acc.No: 3949 Date of material: 1970s Extent: 2 items Access: Open Show catalogue(ADX/1748)
Displaying latest 1 to 50 of 3928 records. Show all records