Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1246: Photographs of Aberystwyth buildings
[GB 0212] ADX/1246Title:
Photographs of Aberystwyth buildingsDate(s):
5 itemsScope and Content:
5 photographs by Richard W. Ireland of architectural details of buildings in Aberystwyth (c.1979)
1. The tiled facade and window of Rea's Bar and Lounge, the White Horse Hotel (now Varsity)
2. Old sign 'Agents for Drieux's Patent French Corsets' formerly on the 'Enoc Huws' shop in Aberystwyth. The shop was not a retail outlet but a Ceredigion Museum showcase for items from the Aberystwyth Yesterday collection until c. 2010 when the County Council needed the building for other purposes.
3. Doorways of Aberystwyth Barracks, now demolished.
4. Windows of Aberystwyth Barracks
5. Ornate doorway, location unknown. Date 1878 in the door's lintel. Building appears derelict.