Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Parochial Records, Llanfihangel Y Creuddyn
Acc 2581Ref: CPR/LYCReference:
[GB 0212] CPR/LYCTitle:
Llanfihangel y Creuddyn Parochial RecordsDate(s):
110 itemsScope and Content:
1. Vestry Book, 1787-1878.
2. Parish officers’ account book, 1837-1848. 3-4. Offertory registers
4. 1913-19275-6. Registers of services
6. 1942-19607-11. Tithe records
7. Certificate of redemption of to the-rent charges, 9 February 1923.
8. Certificate of redemption of to the-rent charges, 18 October 1929.
9. Certificate of redemption of to the-rent charges, 18 November 1929.
10. Certificate of redemption of to the-rent charges, 20 June 1934.
11. Correspondence and papers relating to tithes, 1903-1904, including a list of tithes due to the vicar from lands in the Crosswood estate, and from G.A. Vaughan.12-34. National School attendance registers
12. 1874 (class 4)
13-14. 1875-1876 (classes 1 and 2)
15-18. 1876-1877 (classes 1-4)
19-21. 1877-1878 (classes 2 ,4 and 5)
22-25. 1878-1879 (classes 2-5)
26-28. 1879-1880 (classes 2 and 5, and summary register, classes1-5)
29-33. 1889-1881 (classes1-5)
34. 1881 (class 4)35-37. Sunday School attendance registers
37. 1932-1940, includes the names of the choir, 1923-192438-55. Papers relating to the restoration of the church
38. Correspondence and papers relating to the restoration work, 1927-1933, including the balance sheet of the bazaar held in aid of the restoration fund. Previously part of numbers 8b and 8d
39. Specification of building work to be done on the church by Caroe and Passmore, architects, 1932. (Previously part of number 8b)
40. Faculty for restoring the church, 1932. (Previously part of number 8b)
41. Receipted bills for work carried out on the church, 1932-1933, with related correspondence. (Previously part of number 8b)
42. Building contract between the Rev. Tudor Owen Hughes of Creuddyn vicarage and representatives of the parochial church council with Messrs Cornish and Gaymer Ltd, to repair the church, 1933. (Previously part of number 8b)
43. Correspondence, January-April 1933, concerning the responsibility of the lay impropriator, Miss Chichester, for the repair of the chancel. (Previously part of number 8b)
44. Correspondence relating to the burial ground, 1927-1928. (Previously part of number 8c)
45. Conveyance of a piece of land from Richard Evans Davies to the Representative Body of the Church in Wales, 1928. (Previously part of number 8c)
46-52. Financial papers relating to the burial ground fund: including a bank book, 1928-1930; three notebooks containing lists of subscribers to the fund, 1928; cheque book counterfoils, 1928; receipted bills, 1928-1930, and a copy of a balance sheet of the fund, 1930. (Previously part of number 8c)
53. Receipted bills, 1928-1930, relating to the burial ground. (Previously part of number 8c)
54-55. Diagrams of the wall gates of the burial ground, 1928. (Previously part of number 8c)56-110. Miscellaneous papers
56. Documents relating to marriages, 1806-1965, including notes of banns, marriage licenses, and marriage certificate counterfoils. (Previously part of number 8e)
57-61. Poor law maintenance and removal orders, 1823-1827. (Previously part of number 8d)
62-86. File of correspondence and papers, 1834-1909, including a copy of part of the tithe map for Hafod Ucha, with fields and acreages; a booklet. Y Catecism, Llundain 1909; Form of the Welsh Church Act 1914 with particulars of endowments filled in; an army letter to Rev. T. Davies of Llanelly, S. Wales, informing him that W. Ll. Davies, 7th King’s Royal Rifle Corps, had been wounded in action, 27 November 1915, with details; statement of half yearly payment to the clergy of the benefice, for Rev. W. Headley, 1915; a National War Savings Committee statement as to cash and certificates relating to the church school, 1916; a list of communicants, c.1927; St David’s Diocesan Board of Finance printed quota for parishes for 1932; photograph by John Birkett, c. 1979 of a group of children at their confirmation; an Employer’s Liability Policy, 1937; a pictorial label and decorative headings from the Cambrian News. Also a newspaper article c. 1930 concerning a Llanfihangel y Creuddyn Festival at Llandeiniol, with a list of prize winners. (Previously part of number 8d and 8e)
87-94. Death Certificates, 1906-1909 (Previously part of number 8e)
95-109. Church balance sheets, 1919-1920, 1922, 1924, 1927-1931, 1933, 1935-1936. (Previously part of number 8d)
110. Leaflets and posters advertising chu4rch services and functions, some in aid of the church restoration fund, including bazaars and jumble sales, 1929-1932. (Previously part of number 8d )