Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Parochial Records, Lledrod
Acc 2581Ref: CPR/LDDReference:
[GB 0212] CPR/LDDTitle:
Lledrod Parochial RecordsDate(s):
9 itemsArchival History:
There were two deposits of Lledrod Parochial Records to the National Library of Wales, the first was made in February 1992, the second in August 2001.
The collection was transferred to Ceredigion Archives in 2010.Scope and Content:
1. Churchwarden’s Account Book, 1907 including rules for electing members of the committee (Welsh).
2. Vestry Minutes Book of Lledrod Parish Church, 1811-1913, recovered in May 1962. Includes appointments of churchwarden’s, 1851-1874 at the back of the volume. Loose inside are certificates and a notice of death, 1865-1917, and some extracts from the parish register for Hugh Hughes and Sons, Solicitors, Aberystwyth.
3. Loose pages from a Vestry Minutes Book, 1772-1804. Includes recordings of christenings for 1769-1770 on the reverse of the page for vestry meeting of 2 January 1784. Fragile.
4. Estimate and description of an altar frontal from J. Wippell and Company, Ltd., 1927.
5/a-c. Two letters to the Incumbent and a request for copies of baptism, burial and marriage certificates, 1860, 1911 and undated.
6. Part of a marriage license for Hector Leslie Jones and Catherine Ann Jones, 1932.
7. Order of Service for the burial of Margaret Jones, 13 January 1954.
8. Sunday School Register, 1906-1907.
9. Typescript biography of the Rev. Evan Evans, Cynhawdref, (1731-1788) alias Ieuan Brydydd Hir or Ieuan Fardd, poet, antiquarian and former curate of the parish. n.d.