Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/980: Old postcards and photographs of places in Ceredigion
[GB 0212] ADX/980Title:
Old postcards and photographs of places in CeredigionDate(s):
0.01m3Scope and Content:
1. The War Memorial, Aberystwyth.
ADX/980/1: The War Memorial, Aberystwyth
2. Promenade and Constitution Hill, Aberystwyth.
3. Aberystwyth, Castle Grounds.
4. Aberystwyth, Rough sea.
5. University & St. Michaels church, Aberystwyth. (coloured drawing).
6. South beach and castle ruins, Aberystwyth.
7. Aberystwyth Promenade and Bandstand looking towards Constitution Hill (wrongly titled "Aberystwyth from Constitution Hill").
8. View from the castle, Aberystwyth. (tinted).
9. University college, Aberystwyth.
10. Aberystwyth, The College.
11. Aberystwyth, Rough Sea, Castle Shelters & Promenade [highly romantic tinted depiction!].
12. Various views of Aberystwyth.
13. Aberystwyth: the beach, looking north.
14. Aberystwyth castle: the Eisteddfod circle.
15. Castle putting greens, Aberystwyth.
16. Aberystwyth, Devil's Bridge.
17. Rough sea, Aberystwyth. (incl. war memorial).
18. Aberystwyth: the beach.
19. Promenade and Beach (incl. the King's Hall, erected 1934), Aberystwyth.
20. "From a Giddy Whelk at Aberystwyth" - novelty fold-out postcard.
21. Aberystwyth. Clarach Bay and Beach from Constitution Hill.
22. Promenade Looking North, Aberystwyth.
23. The Parade, Aberystwyth.
24. Promenade and Beach, Aberystwyth.
post-1934; late 1930s or early 1940s
25. A Rough Sea, Aberystwyth.
26. Seven views of Aberystwyth.
post-1934; late 1930s or early 1940s
27. Aberystwyth, from Castle Grounds.
28. The Beach, Aberystwyth, showing bathing machines and rowing boats.
29. The Castle, Aberystwyth.
30. Yachts in the Bay, Aberystwyth (colour tinted).
31. Aberystwyth from Constitution Hill.
32. Hafod Church, nr. Aberystwyth, Ceredigion. (before the destructive fire).
33. Hafod Church, nr. Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion (tinted).
34. Studio photograph of Mary Hall (died at Aberystwyth).
35. Photo - taken by Gyde of Pier Street, Aberystwyth of unknown "Daddy & Mama".
36/1-2. Views of Aberystwyth.
37/1-5. Storm at Aberystwyth.
38/1-3. Views of Aberystwyth.
Pre-1896 (Alexandra Hall not present)
39. Cardigan Memorial Hospital.
40. County School, Cardigan.
41. Salmon Catch, Cardigan.
42. The Netpool, Cardigan.
43. High Street, Cardigan.
44. Pendre, Cardigan.
46. Cardigan Bridge.
47. A sunset at Gwbert, Cardigan.
48/1-2. Mwnt (Mount) church nr. Cardigan.
49. Eglwys Coleg Dewi Sant, Llanbedr / Saint David's College Church, Lampeter.
50. The grounds, St. David's College, Lampeter, with a piece of (WW1?) artillery centre stage.
51. Church defence demonstration at Lampeter.
4 June 1913
52. Peterwell Ruins, Lampeter.
53. East & West beaches, Aberporth.
54. Aberporth (five view postcard).
55. The Bay, Aberporth, Cardiganshire.
56. East-Bank, Aberporth.
58. West-Bank, Aberporth.
59. Aberporth, Cardiganshire.
60. River Teifi from St. Dogmaels, Cardigan, with river launch.
61. The River Teify from St. Dogmaels, Cardigan
62. Pencemmaes from Poppit, St. Dogmaels.
63. Abbey Ruins and Church. St. Dogmaels.
64. River Teify from Graig St. Dogmael.
65. Traethgwyn, New Quay.
66. New Quay, Ceredigion.
67. New Quay, Ceredigion.
68. New Quay, Ceredigion.
69. New Quay from Pen Rhiw, Ceredigion.
70. New Quay from Pen-Rhiw. Coloured version of previous.
71. The Sands, New Quay.
72. New Quay, Ceredigion.
73. New Quay, Ceredigion.
74. Rock Terrace, New Quay, Ceredigion.
75. Cliffs & pier, New Quay, Ceredigion.
76. New Quay, Ceredigion. (five views).
77. New Quay, the park and lighthouse.
78. Spinet, Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
79. Henry VII bed, Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
80. Inscription at Wern, Newydd, Llanarth.
81. Oak staircase at Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
82. Wern Newydd, Llanarth (where Henry VII slept on his way to Bosworth Field, 1485).
83. Wern Newydd (front door), Llanarth.
84. Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
85. Lower Fishguard Harbour.
86. Fishguard Harbour from Penslade.
87. Panoramic view of Fishguard Harbour.
88. Ty-glyn Aeron, near Cilcennin, Cardiganshire.
89. Rheidol Valley, Devil's Bridge. (coloured drawing).
90. Rheidol valley, Ceredigion.
91. Devil's Bridge, Llandovery
92. Llechryd, Bridge.
93. Bronmôr. Allen Raine’s house, Tresaith, Ceredigion [Anne Adaliza Puddicombe].
94. Views of Llanfechan (Llanwnen, Ceredigion) [Home of Admiral Thomas, built 1786].
95. Letter card of Llangranog, Ceredigion. (6 views in sepia).
96. General view of Llanafan.
97. Glogue Valley.
98. Ship (?) wrecked (?).
99. Borth: rough sea, Ceredigion.
100. Llanbadarn church, Ceredigion.
101. Laying the foundation stone of Bangor Teifi church.
102. Laying the foundation stone of Bangor Teifi church.
103. Bangor Teifi church vestry.
104. Bangor Teifi Church with crowd outside, apparently the same occasion as 101-102 above.
105/1-2. Strata Florida abbey ruins, Abaty Ystrad Fflur.
106. The memorial stone on Carreg Wasted Point, to the invasion by the French, 1797.