Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/891: Photographic and ephemeral items
[GB 0212] ADX/891Title:
Photographic and ephemeral itemsDate(s):
0.006m3Scope and Content:
Photographic and ephemeral items relating to Ceredigion and Cardigan in particular
1. Election poster- rural district councillor in the parish of Tremain
6 April 1910
2. Election poster- rural district councillor in the parish of Tremain, (photocopy)
1 June 1908
3. Election poster - rural district councillor in the parish of Llandygwydd, (photocopy)
6 April 1910
4. Llandygwydd National School fundraising concert programme
24 May 1880
5. 'The Forgotten Castle of Cardigan' by Glen Johnson and Adam Greenland
6. 'The History of the Cardigan Castle' by Glen Johnson
7. Set of 24 photographs by Glen Johnson depicting old buildings in Cardigan
8. Copy of old photograph of Cardigan Bridge, made by Glen Johnson.
9. Postcard of 'Cardigan from Netpool'
Posted August 1931
10. Postcard of 'The Bridge and river Teifi'
11. Coloured postcard of 'Cardigan, the bridge'.
Early 20th c.
12. Printed sheet containing an elegy for the late Rev. John Jones of Blaenannerch by the Rev. W. Thomas (Islwyn). In Welsh.
13. Printed sheet containing a memorial poem about James Owen Davies who died on 7 April 1859 aged 7 years and 6 months. In Welsh.
14. Memorial cards, some embossed:
14/1. George Mitchell of Cardigan and Haverfordwest, d.13 October 1874 aged 24
14/2. Jenkin Davies of Gweydd, Llyswen, d.8 November 1874 aged 70 and buried at Henfynyw
14/3. Elizabeth Jones, widow of Rev. John Jones, CM minister, Blaenannerch, d.6 March 1875 aged 74
14/4. John Phillips, veteran of the Crimean war, d.10 April 1870 aged 46
14/5. William Henry Jones, d.4 February 1872 aged 4
14/6. Elizabeth Anna Martin, d.8 December 1878 aged 87 and buried at Llandygwydd
14/7. Anne Griffiths, Castle Inn, Ystradgynlais, d.21 May 1873 aged 13.
14/8. Ann Griffiths of Penrhyncoch, d.31 March 1873 aged 17 and her sister Ellen, d.22 January 1875 aged 13
15. Two Royal Alfred Institution for Aged Seamen cards soliciting charitable support for:
1). John Griffith of Bankydyffryn, Aberporth (aged 70; 45 years service 'solely under the British flag')
2). David Thomas, Penuwch, Aberporth (aged 69; British Merchant Service 50 years, Royal Navy 3 years)
16. Card advertising a fundraising lecture in Brynmair (towards renovating the chapel) by the Rev. T. Levi of Aberystwyth on 14 March 1876.
17. Llandygwydd Clothing Club savings card (blank)
18. Visiting card of the Rev. William George Jenkins, Llandysul
19. Incomplete printed sheet containing Llandygwydd Church receipts and payments
20. Cambrian News (North edition)
14 October 1938