Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/488: Miscellaneous Ephemera
Acc. 1261Ref: ADX/488Reference
: [GB0212] ADX/488Date(s)
: 6 SeriesScope and Content
: Collection of miscellaneous ephemera, with no apparent connection between any of the Series of items
Comprising correspondence (ADX/488/1), material relating to the retail trade (ADX/488/2), tickets and programme ADX/488/3), material relating to Ordinations (ADX/488/4), sale particulars and other material relating to Penywern House (ADX/488/5), and miscellaneous items (ADX/488/6).CorrespondenceReference
: 3 ItemsScope and Content
: Correspondence from Tasmania
1. Letter from Charles I. Walch of Wellington Bridge, Hobart Town, Tasmania, to Mrs
Mary Parry, Hawen, Rhydlewis, regarding her deceased son's effects: 30 October
2. Letter, in Welsh, from Watkin Thomas, Hobart Town, Tasmania to his brother: 1
3. Letter, in Welsh, from Watkin Thomas of the Tasmanian Mainline Railway, to his
mother: 26 February 1878. Material relating to the retail tradeReference
: 3 ItemsScope and Content
: Receipts and accounts
1. Page from an Account Book of D. Morgan, Milliner & Fancy Draper, The
Emporium, 16 & 18 Pier Street, Aberystwyth: c. 1890.
2. Receipt from W. Pugh, Tailor, Manchester House, Taliesin, to Mr Griffths,
Dolclettwr, for the purchase of three overcoats, one pair of black trousers. and one
hat: 7 November 1913.
3. Page from a receipt book of E. Edwards, Merchant Tailor, Penygroes, Llandre,
Aberystwyth: c. 1920. Tickets and programmesReference
: 8 ItemsScope and Content
: Tickets and programmes for Eisteddfodau, concerts, plays, and university Graduation cereemonies
1. Programme for Eisteddfod held at Geithwyr Hall, Ynysybwl: 14 December 1932.
2. Programme for the Season of the Society of the Young: 1932-1933.
3. Programme for the 41st Annual Concert of Glyn Street Church, Ynysybwl, held at
the Workman's Hall: 10 January 1935.
4. Two tickets for the Welsh League of Youth, Northern Ceredigion Region,
Eisteddfod, Aberystwyth: 16 March 1935.
5. Two tickets for the play Yr Orffiws, by Huw LI. Edwards. Performed by the
Penegoes Company, Taliesin: 16 March 1970.
6. Ticket for concert in aid of the Farmers' Lung Appeal, held at the Agricultural
College Theatre, Llanbadarn, Aberystwyth: 11 May 1972.
7. Ticket for the Afternoon Graduation Ceremony for Arts, Law, Music, Librarianship,
and Divinity, University of Wales, Aberystwyth: 10 July 1975.
8. Programme for a Pantomime and Coffee Morning at Talybont School: n.d. Material relating to OrdinationsReference
: 2 ItemsScope and Content
: Ordination programmes
1. Ordination of Mr. D. Kernes Lewis, Capel Degwel, Llandudoch, into the
Independent Church of Pisgah and Phantycrugiau: 17-18 March 1942.
2. Ordination of Mr W. J. Edwards, Baker Street, Aberystwyth and the Coleg Coffa'r
Annibynwyr, Swansea, into the Independent Church. The Old Chapel,
Llanuwchllyn: 5-6 September 1967. Sale particulars and other material relating to Penywern HouseReference
: 1 ItemsScope and Content
: Sale particulars and related items for Penywern House, near Aberystwyth
1. Description of Penywern House, near Aberystwyth : c. 1924.
2. Revised description of Penywern, by Hampton & Sons, London: c. 1925.
3. Description of Penywern, by Hampton & Sons, London, with corrections: c. 1926.
4. Letter from Edward Jones, Auctioneer & Valuer, Manchester, to W. Rowland
James, Cambrian Chambers, Aberystwyth, asking for the particulars of Penywern:
22 September 1927.
5. Letter from Edward Jones, Auctioneer & Valuer, Manchester, to W. Rowland
James, Cambrian Chambers, Aberystwyth, regarding the valuing the Penywem
property: 12 October 1927.
6. Description of Penywem: n.d.
7. Letter replying to an advertisement placed in The Times under the name of Smith
& Son in Tomes: n.d. Miscellaneous itemsReference
: 7 ItemsScope and Content
1. Pamphlet for the Grand Bazaar, held in the Assembly Rooms, Aberystwyth,
hosted by the English Presbyterian Church (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist), Bath
Street: 23-24 October 1901.
2. copy of The Religious Revival in Wales, by Awstin and other Western Mail
3. Broadcasting Bulletin of Radio Programmes, Vol. 2, No. 4, for 2BL (Queensland
Radio Service, Brisbane), 4QG (Broadcasters Limited, Sydney) and 3LO
(Broadcasting Company of Australia, Ltd., Melbourne): 21-28 November 1925.
4. Old Ardwynians' Association 1st Annual Dinner pamphlet, held at the Queen's
Hotel; autographed on the reverse: 2 April 1837.
5. Evacuation Official armband: c. 1940.
6. Poem, in Welsh: n.d.
7. Welsh copy of Swndra Lela, by John H. Brooks, translated into Welsh and
adapted by L. Eirlys Williams: n.d.