Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ABY/WH/1: Knitting and other craft patterns
Acc. 2551Ref: ABY/WH/1Reference:
Knitting and other craft patternsDate(s):
79 items Scope and Content
: Craft patterns: Knitting, Crochet, Needlework etc.ABY/WH/1/1: Knitting and Crochet Patterns
1. Knitting Pattern - Templeton No. 1038 'Brother and Sister Set', Boy's and Girl's Jersey.
2. Knitting Pattern - Copley No. 413 'Baby Orlon', Pram Coat, Bonnet, Helmet and Mitts.
3. Knitting Pattern - Weldon's A1150 'Two Knitted Caps', Angora Cap and Petal Cap.
4. Knitting Pattern - Weldon's No. 286 'Billy Bear'.
5. Knitting Pattern - Paton's c-470 'Quickerknit Botany Pullover'.
6. Knitting and Crochet Patterns - Jay Brand Plastic Thread 'Instructions for Knitting and Crocheting' including Floral Brooch, Bracelet, Necklet, Table Mats, Serviette Ring.
7. Knitting Pattern - Bestway No. 1081 'Children's Long Socks with Fair Isle Borders'.
8. Knitting Pattern - Sirday No. 407 Children's Stockings (Age 10 to 12 years).
9. Knitting and Crochet Patterns - Stitchcraft Teen Age Book including Polo-necked Pullover, Mittens, Crochet Hat, Waistcoat, Socks, Sleeveless Pullover, Twin Set, Sun Top and Trunks, Cardigan, Warm Panties.
10. Knitting Pattern - Bairnswear No. 1322 'Sleeveless Pullovers', 6 to 8 years.
11. Knitting Pattern - Barinswear No. 733 'Man's Lumber Cardigan'.
c. 1940s - 1950s
12. Knitting and Crochet Pattern - Bestway B2587 Knitted and Crocheted Tea and Egg Cosies.
13. Knitting Pattern - Bestway A2464 Gloves for Two Pins.
14. Knitting Pattern - Bestway A2464 Gloves for 4 Needles.
15. Knitting Pattern -Bestway A2829 'Brightly Coloured Waistcoats', girl's and boy's 3 - 4 years.
16. Knitting Pattern -Weldon's A908 Four Balaclava Helmets, ages 1 - 8 years.
17. Knitting Pattern - Stitchcraft 'Tinies Book', 'Woollies for 6 to 18 month old babies'.
18. Knitting Pattern - Weldon's A739 Fair Isle Cardigan 6 - 8 years.
19. Knitting Patterns - 'The Natty Knit Book', supplement to Women's Way.
16 January 1937
20. Knitting Pattern - No. 4 'Viyella' Knitting Book, Babies' Garments.
21. Knitting Pattern - Lady's Bathing Suit 'Una' design.
22. Knitting Pattern - Lady's Bathing Suit 'Thelma' design.
23. Knitting Pattern - Lady's Bathing Wrap 'Delia' design.
24. Knitting Pattern - Lee Target 1315 Men's Gloves and Ladies' Gloves (2 sizes).
c. 1940s - 1950s
25. Knitting and Crochet Patterns - Weldon's Series No. 400, Doll's Wear.
15 October 1937
26. Knitting Patterns - Woolworth's Knitting Magazine 'Patterns for the family in knitting and crochet'.
27. Knitting Pattern - Bestway Leaflet 1454 'Charming Jumper, short or long sleeves'. Shop stamp: D.I. Evans, Walsall Stores, Talybont.
Late 1930s - early 1940s
28. Knitting Pattern - Bestway Leaflet 1493 'Fair Isle Gloves'
29. Knitting Patterns - H.G. Twilley Ltd., leaflet no. 215, 'Gloves knitted in Lyscordet'
n.d. 1930s - 1940s
30. Loose pages from Woman's Weekly containing knitting patterns 'Knitting for the Menfolk': 'The Socks' 'The Cardigan' and 'A Sleeveless Pull-over'
25 February 1933
31. Knitting Pattern - Bestway Leaflet 655 'Twin Set (3-ply)'.
32. Knitting Pattern - Bestway Leaflet 1416 'Two Pairs of Gloves'.
33. Knitting Pattern - Bestway Leaflet 1548 'Ladies' Twin Set'. Damaged.
34. Knitting Pattern - Bestway Leaflet 1998 'Two-Colour Twin Set'.
35. Knitting Pattern - Weldon's Leaflet No. 548 'Two-Colour Fair Isle Jumper'.
36. Knitting Pattern - Weldon's Leaflet A742 'Cabled Cardigan'.
37. Knitting Pattern magazine- Stitchcraft, including nursery motifs, cosy and traycloth, cami knickers, hat and gloves, knitted owl, bell patterned jumper.
38. Knitting Pattern magazine- Stitchcraft, including jacket and beret, cami-knickers, table mats, bobble stitch jumper, patchwork cot and jumper, bobble-rib stitch, moss stitch and ribbing with a rose-bud pattern.
39. Knitting Pattern - Hand Knit-wear in Lavenda Leaflet No. 915, 'Rainbow Jumper (long or short sleeves)'.
40. Knitting Pattern - Hand Knit-wear in Lavenda Leaflet No. 915, 'Voiga Jumper (long or short sleeves)'.
41. Knitting Pattern - P & B Wools Leaflet No. 216, 'Twin Set'.
42. Knitting Pattern - P & B Wools Leaflet No. 230, 'Waistcoat'.
43. Knitting patterns - P & B Wools booklet No. 625, 'Six Vests by P&B'.
44. Knitting Pattern - Western Mail Pattern Service, 'Two-Tone Jumper with Lattice Yoke'.
45. Knitting Pattern - Scotchwool & Hosiery Stores, Series H No. 1. 'Lady's Jumper'.
46. Knitting Pattern - Ladyship Leaflet No. 244, 'Lady's Knitted Gloves', missing section.
47. Knitting Pattern - Patons & Baldwins' Helps to Knitters No. 3102, 'Lady's Cardigan'.
48. Knitting Pattern - one sheet, 'Raglan Cardigan with V neck'.
49. Knitting Pattern - Copley's Leaflet No. 1193, 'Lady and Man's Gloves'. Damaged.
50. Knitting Pattern - The Hema Brand Leaflet No. 430, 'Gent's Pullover'. Fragile.
51. Knitting Pattern - Jaeger Roy Leaflet No. 170, 'Cable Pattern Sweater'.
52. Knitting Patterns - Jaeger Hand-Knit Light-Weight Jumpers magazine No. 25.
53. Knitting Booklet - 'Woolcraft: A Practical Guide to Knitting & Crochet', Patons & Baldwins LTD.
54. Knitting Pattern Magazine - Bestway No. 523, 'Matinee Coats, Caps, Bonnets & Bootees'. Fragile.
55. Knitting Pattern Magazine - Bestway No. 533, 'Bedroom Wear in Knitting in Crochet'.
56. Knitting Pattern Magazine - Weldon's Jumpers, Sixpenny Series No. 321.
57. Knitting Patterns - Baby's Complete Layette (first 6 months) Booklet No. 596.
n.d.ABY/WH/1/2: Needlework Patterns
1. Braid Stitch Pattern - appears to be typed on a page torn from a book and hand illustrated. Labelled 'Aberystwyth'.
13 February 1914
2. Irish lace instructions.
3. Needlework notebook belonging to Gwyneth Eirlys Hughes.
4. Basic Sewing Guide, printed and published by Associated British Paper Patterns Ltd.
5. Le Roy Pattern Instruction chart 576 for a jacket.
6. Butterick soft-tailored button-front blouse pattern 6045.
7. Weldon's So-Easy Pattern No. 50 'Pretty Undies'.
8. Vogue hat pattern 510, labelled 'Miss G Davies'.
9. Woman's Day Couture Pattern Number 122, 2 dress patterns.
10. Vogue pattern 6606, hat/turban pattern.
11. Woman's Weekly Spring Patterns, 'Six leisurewear looks for you to sew'.
12. Weldon's Practical Needlework no. 367 vol. 31: Floral Embroidery
13. Weldon's Practical Needlework no. 196: Make, Mend & Patch
14. Fancy Needlework Illustrated, Vol. 1., No. 10. Damaged.
n.d. ABY/WH/1/3. Wool Leaflets
1. Knitting Supplement showing models wearing Paton's & Baldwin's Ltd designs.
2. Welsh Woollen Manufacturer's Association Limited - Booklet of compliments and comments on Welsh wool and mills.
3. Leaflet 'What we weave are Welsh Woollens'.
c. 1960sABY/WH/1/4: Miscellaneous Craft Items
1. Embroidery transfer Q29502 'Deighton's Improved Transfers Made in '(?) depicting a bunch of daffodils.
2. Instruction book for the Victoria Automatic Improved Knitting Machine.
3. 'Plan of Rushcart', a loose page detailing structure and aerial view of a rushcart.