Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
TPS/R: Rhydlewis Petty Sessions
Acc. 182Ref: TPS/RReference:
[GB 0212] TPS/RTitle:
Records of the Petty Sessional Division for RhydlewisDate(s):
SeriesExtent: Administrative History:
The Petty Sessional Division for Rhydlewis was one of several Divisions of the Court of Petty Sessions (later the Magistrates Court) held at Cardigan.Scource of Acquisition:
Originally deposited at the Pembrokeshire Record Office by the Clerk to the Magistrate’s Court, 26 March 1974; later transferred to the Ceredigion Record Office, 7 November 1978.Note: All Material is restricted for a period of 30 years from the date of the final entry in any item; Items relating to children are restricted for 100 years.Scope and Content:Ref: TPS/R/11-8. Minutes
1. Minutes of the Court. September 1887 - July 1890
2. Minutes of the Court. March1924 - February 1929
3. Minutes of the Court. February 1928 - February 1933
4. Minutes of the Court. March 1933 - May 1936
5. Minutes of the Court. July 1940 - November 1942
6. Minutes of the Court. November1942 - September 1947
7. Minutes of the Court. September 1947 - June 1953
8. Minutes of the Court. June 1953 - April 1961 9-12. Registers of the Court
9. Register of the Court. July 1915 - September 1935
10. Register of the Court. October 1935 - February 1948
11. Register of the Court. April 1948 - August 1958
12. Register of the Court. August 1958 – December 1961.
13. Maintenance Account ledger. April 1953 - August 1958
Acc. 192Ref: TPS/R/2Source of Acquisition:
Transferred by the Clerk to the Magistrate’s Court, 20 February 1979.Scope and Content:
1. Register of the Court. January 1965-April 1969.
2. Register of the Court. May 1969-January 1973
3. Register of the Court. January 1973-March 1976.
4. Register of the Juvenile Court. July 1934-Sept. 1973.Closed for 100 years
5. Register-Adoption of Children. Feb. 1946-August 1974.Closed for 100 years
6. Minute Book. May 1961-October 1968.
7. Minute Book. October 1968-August 1974
8. Minute Book. September 1974-March 1976.
9. Minute Book Case Committee. January 1962-October 1974.
(See also Petty Sessional Records of the Borough of Cardigan).
Acc. 480Ref: TPS/R/2Source of Acquisition:
Deposited in the Cardiganshire Record Office by the County Information Officer (Dyfed) per Carmarthenshire Record Office. 17 January, 1985Scope and Content:
10. List of magistrates for 1984, the last year of the Rhydlewis PS Division, before its amalgamation with Cardigan PSD
11. List of sittings, 1984
12. List of justices appointed to committees, 1984
13. Court Rota, 1984
14. South Ceredigion Juvenile Court Rota, 1984
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting