Tudalen Hafan / Home Page

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
SCHOOL RECORDS



NB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.

Acc. Various


Ref: LFC 

LLANFIHANGEL-Y-CREUDDYN National, Board, Council School

The 1847 "Blue Books" state that a Church School was established in 1796. There were 24 scholars and average attendance in the previous year was 18. 
The 1905 report states that the date of the erection of the school, a provided, mixed school, was not known, but the school was enlarged in 1875. There was accommodation for 150. There were 110 on the books in 1904 and average attendance was 73. 

School Records

Log books
25 February 1873-6 April 1900 – LFC/1
11 April 1900-11 November 1933 – LFC/2
13 November 1933-31 December 1981 – LFC/3

Registers of admission, progress and withdrawal
1873-1904 – LFC/R/1

Sales account book, 
1888-1891 – LFC/X/1

School Board Records

Llanfihangel Lower Board

Minute books
27 August 1887-30 March 1900 156aI
28 April 1900-12 November 1904 156aII

Cash books
1888-1899 156bI
1899-1904 156bII

Llanfihangel Upper Board

Minute books
2 May 1871-10 January 1894 157aI
27 January 1894-28 August 1901 157aII
10 October 1901-21 September 1904 157aIII

Ledgers
1886-1902 157bI
1902-1904 157bII

Cash book
1900-1904 157c

Education Committee Records

Llanfihangel group, minutes of managers' meetings
18 September 1912-2 October 1918 - 184

County Council Records

School brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4

Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school and its catchment area, with the headmaster’s opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 80

Miscellaneous

Llyfr/Book: Ysgol Llanfihangel y Creuddyn ers 1838: Dathlu 175 Mlynedd / Celebrating 175 years
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting
Admin