Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
DB/24: John Edwards & Son, Decorators, Aberystwyth
[GB 0212] DB/24Title:
Business Records of John Edwards & Son, Decorators, AberystwythDate(s):
0.017m3Scope and Content:
Business Records of John Edwards & Son, Painters, paperhangers, grainers and general decorators of "Holborn", Queen's Road, Aberystwyth. 1-5. Account books: payments for house decorating in Aberystwyth area, with detailed breakdown of expenditure.
1. December 1902-October 1913
2. February 1913-July 1924
3. June 1924-June 1927
4. February 1936-December 1945
5. December 1945-September 1953
6. Exercise book: Estimates, details of work to be undertaken, and copy letter book
[in exercise book entitled "Nellie Edwards "Gwynedd", form VIA, Cookery"]
March 1931-July 1933
7. Exercise book: Estimates, details of work undertaken and copy letter book
July 1933-October 1936
8. Detailed estimates for house decoration in Aberystwyth area.
September 1936-June 19419-15. Exercise books: instructions for work to be undertaken
9 July 1941-July 1944
10. April 1944-February 1946 [in Chemistry exercise book of Dorothy M. Usher of Duchess School, Alnwick, Northumberland]
11. February 1946-April 1950
12. April 1950-June 1956 [also "copy of income taxes etc." 1933-1938]
13. July 1956-late 1957
14. December 1957-December 1963
15. April 1964-July 1976
16. Exercise book: copy letter book 1954-1957
17. Account book containing details of money spent on materials for specific jobs.
18. Account book [originally of D. Jones & sons, family butchers of The Central Meat Stores, 3 North Parade and North Gate Street, Aberystwyth] containing accounts of materials purchased for specific painting jobs and details of leave taken.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting