Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
Parochial Records, Llanfihangel Genaur Glyn
Acc 2581Ref: CPR/LGGReference:
[GB 0212] CPR/LGGTitle:
Llanfihangel Genaur Glyn Parochial RecordsDate(s):
22 itemsScope and Content:1-3. Vestry Books
4. Parochial Church Council minute book for St Davids Church, Tal-y-bont 1913-1942 (Previously numbered 5)
5A/1-3. A copy of a Terrier dated 20 August 1373 (Latin); a Terrier dated 12 August 1728, and a letter from the Bishop of St Davids dated 1941 concerning them. (Formerly a part of the run of Miscellaneous papers outlined below, numbers 55-56)
5B. File of Miscellaneous papers. Including, a statistical report on the rural deanery of Llanbadarn Fawr, 1927; Stipendiary curates licences and papers relating to clerical incomes and vouchers; Notice about the patronage surrendered by the Vicar to the See of St Davids; Certificate of Redemption of Tithe Rentcharge; Church Rate for the townships of Cyfoeth-y-Brenin and Henllys, 1845; A copy of an valuation of Scybor y Coed, giving proprietors, occupiers, tenements, and annual value, undated; Book with subscriptions to purchase a harmonium, 1871; Documents concerning repairing the Vicarage 1879; Documents concerning glebe land with two cottages and other property in 1896 and 1914; Fire Insurances; a Marriage Settlement deed between Mr Thomas Edwards and of Nantsiriol and Anne Morgans of Pwll glas, 12 June 1857; Documents concerning graves and burials; Bills and Receipts 1900-1916; Details of the estate of Griffith Jones of Aberceiro for his executors, 28 October 1905; Employment agreement for a schoolmistress for Borth School, dated 1907.6-9. Registers of Services
6. 1917-1934 of St Davids Church Tal-y-bont.
7. 1934-1947 of St Davids Church Tal-y-bont.
8. 1947-1970 of St Davids Church Tal-y-bont.
9. 1947-1974 (Previously Llanfihangel Genaur Glyn Parochial Records 11).10-11. Offertory Books
10. 1930-1950 (Previously Llanfihangel Genaur Glyn Parochial Records 9).
11. 1951-1956 (Previously Llanfihangel Genaur Glyn Parochial Records 10). 12-14. Records relating to Marriages
12. Marriage Certificate counterfoil 1912. Evan Jenkin and Sarah Ann Hughes.
13. Four Marriage licenses, 1934, 1938, 1940 and 1952.
14. Banns certificate counterfoil, 1924, Evan James and Edith Lewis15-16. Financial records
15. Printed Free Will Offering Fund accounts sheets, 1946-1947
16. Bills, receipts and vouchers.1940s and 1950s, including electricity.17-22. Miscellaneous Documents
17. Order of Service for the funeral of Rev. W. Matthews, vicar of Aberystwyth, 1908.
18. Letter, 1935, from James Hogan for James Powell and Sons, (Whitefriars Ltd) Stained Glass Studios, to the Rev. T. J. Davies, Llandre Vicarage, concerning an East Window and a small window on the north side of the Sactuary in Llandre Church.
19. Readers licence, 1936 for Hugh Rowland Owen.
20/1-2. Form of Faculty, 1963, to place a stained glass window designed by Roy Lewis, in the nave of St Michaels Church, Llandre, and a copy of the inscription on the window.
21/1-3. Letters dated 1965 between Edward Francis-Jones, architect, Aberystywyth, and the Llandre P C C concerning renovations to Llandre Church.
22. Letter, 24 June 1965 from Edgar Jones, the Vicarage, Bodedern, Holyhead, Anglesey, concerning his visit to Llandre Church, and comments on some graves he visited.(Welsh)
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting