Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1051: Postcards of Aberystwyth and surroundings
[GB 0212] ADX/1051Title:
Postcards of Aberystwyth and surroundingsDate(s):
Early 20th centuryLevel:
9 itemsScope and Content:
Early 20th century postcards collected by the depositor's aunt (born in the mid-1870s) on her travels around Wales. 11 further postcards depicting Barmouth and Machynlleth were transferred to Meirionnydd and Powys Record Offices, but digital copies are available to view on item 9.
1. 'Upper Falls, Devil's Bridge, Aberystwyth' (b/w)
2. 'Aberystwyth: At Parson's Bridge' (colour), published by The Photochrom Co. Ltd.
3. 'Aberystwyth: Rheidol Valley, white stag' [topographical feature] (colour), published by The Photochrom Co. Ltd.
4. 'Aberystwyth, from Castle Grounds' [Old College, St. Michael's Church and the pier] (colour), also labelled 'Celesque Series', published by The Photochrom Co. Ltd.
5. 'North Parade, Aberystwyth' c.1910 (b/w)
6. 'The Beach, Aberystwyth' c.1910 (b/w)
7. 'The Promenade and Bandstand, Aberystwyth' c.1910 (b/w)
8. Note from depositor (DP restricted)
9. CD containing scans of the collection.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting