Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1037: Research material relating to Nanternis
[GB 0212] ADX/1037Title:
Research material relating to NanternisDate(s):
0.006m3Scope and Content:
Collection of research material relating to Nanternis, Caerwedros, Llwyndafydd
1. Handwritten notes on houses in Nanternis
2. Handwritten notes on village life
3. Tithe receipt, David Davies, Blaenffos.
4. Tithe receipt, David Davies, Blaenffos.
5. Poor rate receipt, David Davies, Blaenyffos.
6. Postcard view of Cwmsilio
Early 20th c.(?)
7. Sales particulars and conditions of sale of Llwynhenwas and Castell farms, Llandysiliogogo parish, to take place at the Crown Inn, Llwyndafydd on 3 June 1889. With press cutting advertising the sale attached.
8. Hanes Eglwysi Sant Tysilio a Sant Marc, Llandysiliogogo, gan y Parch. W. T. Child, BA. [History of the St. Tysilio and St. Mark churches in Llandysiliogogo]
9. Adroddiadau Blynyddol Eglwys Annibynol Nanternis [Nanternis Independent Chapel annual reports]
1916, 1919, 1921, 1923, 1930.
10. Adroddiad Eglwys Annibynol Brynrhiwgaled am y flwyddyn 1918 [Brynrhiwgaled Independent Chapel annual report 1918]
11. Eglwysi y Methodistiaid Calfinaidd yn Pensarn a Chapel Neuadd, cyfrifon arianol am y flwyddyn 1913 [Pensarn and Capel Neuadd CM chapels, accounts for 1913]
12. (copy) Programme and order of service for the unveiling of Caerwedros war memorial on 29 February 1952
13. Stubs of a rent receipts book for properties incl. Blaenwynllan, Nant y pelle mill, Fronnant, Brynonen, Llwynwermwd, Frondeg, Blaenllan.
14. Postcard labelled 'Llwyndafydd', with the Baptist chapel on left and a lady in a garden on right. Sent (by the above lady?) as a New Year greeting card to Miss Megan Thomas of 15 Jackson Place, Newport, Monm. in 1909.
15. Photograph of the Baptist chapel, Llwyndafydd, with seated man and boy and standing woman in the foreground. (copy)
Apparently 19th c.
16. Photograph of the Baptist chapel, Llwyndafydd. (copy)
17. Photograph of the old Baptist chapel in Llwyndafydd (copy)
18. Group photograph (men and women) labelled Gwyl De, Llwyndafydd (copy)
19. 2 photocopies of maps of the area
1811 and 1834
20. Ceredigion Local Plan for Nanternis
21. Ceredigion District Council, Aberaeron and New Quay Area District Plan
22. Don Gardner's Vagabond Guide: Aberaeron & New Quay.
23. Booklet entitled 'Melin Bompren Corn Mill' by Eurwyn Wiliam, Nat. Museum of Wales/Welsh Folk Museum
[Melin Bompren (also known as Dre-fach Mill and Pontprencrwcca) was built c. 1852 in the parish of Llanllwchaearn. It was dismantled in 1970 and re-erected at the Welsh Folk Museum in St. Fagans.]
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting