Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/1026: Papers of Hannah Catherine Jones (nee Evans)
Acc. 2292Ref: ADX/1026Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/1026Title:
Papers of Hannah Catherine Jones (nee Evans)Date(s):
c. 1920s-c. 1960sLevel:
23 itemsScope and Content:
Photographs, letters and other papers relating to Anna (Hannah) Catherine Jones (nee Evans). She was an infant school teacher in Llanfihangel y Creuddyn and also for a while in Ysgol Ystrad Fflur, Pontrhydfendigaid, during the 1920s. She married John Jacob Jones in 1931.
1. Photograph of Rhosrydd, Trisant (birthplace of Anna)
2. Photograph of Rhosrydd.
3. Photograph of Felin Tanllan, Llanfihangel y Creuddyn c. 1930, where Anna lived with her parents before she married.
4. Photograph of Anna outside Felin Tanllan, c. 1926.
5. Portrait of Anna, c. 1920
6. Portrait of Anna, Jan. 1925
7. Photograph of Anna (on left) and a friend on Pen y Bannau, while teaching at Abbey School
8. Portrait of John Jones (husband-to-be), then headmaster of Llanfihangel y Creuddyn school
9. Photograph of Anna and John when courting, c. 1927
10. Photograph of Anna and John, July 1926
11. Photograph of 'Grandmother' Jane Evans (died 1943), c. 1940.
12. John and Anna, wedding photograph. Wedding was in the Welsh Presbyterian Church, Falmouth Road, London, on 22 December 1931. After their marriage they lived at Garthowen, Llechryd.
13. John and Anna, wedding photo with (presumably) bridesmaid, maid of honour and best man.
14. Photograph of the Revd. Idris Lewis presenting a silverware set to Mr. and Mrs. J. J. Lewis on behalf of Capel Llwynadda, Llechryd. 1960s.
15. Anna's wedding announcement card, with envelope.
16. Envelope containing two letters from Anna to John and several sprigs of heather. 1928.
17. Notes in Welsh on religious matters, on 2 cards and an envelope addressed to John Jones.
18. Two receipts from Edwardes jewellers of Marble Arch, London, for payments made by John Jones towards a diamond ring. 1930.
19. Receipt from National Fur Co., Swansea, for payment made by Miss [Anna] Evans of Tanllan for a coat 'trimmed with real squirrel'. 1931.
20. Receipt from G. O. Evans, The Stores, Cnwch Coch, for a purchase of boys' and girls' stockings by Mr. Jones (presumably in his capacity as local headmaster). 1929
21. Receipt from C. Bowen Evans, Abermagwr Stores, for a purchase of 15 pairs stockings by Mr. Jones. 1929
22. Receipt for a hotel room in Harrogate rented by Mr. and Mrs. Jones. 1937.
23. Depositor's notes about the photographs on which the above descriptions are based.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting