Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/980: Old postcards and photographs of places in Ceredigion
[GB 0212] ADX/980Title:
Old postcards and photographs of places in CeredigionDate(s):
0.01m3Scope and Content:
1. The War Memorial, Aberystwyth.
2. Promenade and Constitution Hill, Aberystwyth.
3. Aberystwyth, Castle Grounds.
4. Aberyswyth, Rough sea.
5. University & St. Michaels church, Aberystwyth. (coloured drawing).
6. South beach and castle ruins, Aberystwyth.
7. Aberystwyth form Castle Hill (wrongly titled "Aberystwyth from Constitution Hill").
8. View from the castle, Aberystwyth. (tinted).
9. University college, Aberystwyth.
10. Aberystwyth, Yr hen coleg (the old college).
11. Aberystwyth - rough sea [Highly romantic tinted depiction!].
12. Various views of Aberystwyth.
13. Aberystwyth: the beach, looking north.
14. Aberystwyth castle: the eisteddfod circle.
15. Castle putting greens, Aberystwyth.
16. Aberystwyth, Devilís Bridge.
17. Rough sea, Aberystwyth. (incl. war memorial).
18. Aberystwyth: the beach.
19. Promenade and Beach, Aberystwyth.
20. "From a Giddy Whelk at Aberystwyth" - a novelty postcard.
21. Aberystwyth. Clarach Bay and Beach from Constitution Hill.
22. Promenade Looking North, Aberystwyth.
23. The Parade, Aberystwyth.
24. Promenade and Beach, Aberystwyth.
25. A Rough Sea, Aberystwyth.
26. Seven views of Aberystwyth.
27. Aberystwyth, from Castle Grounds.
28. The Beach Aberystwyth.
29. The Castle Aberystwyth.
30. Yachts in the Bay, Aberystwyth. (colour tinted).
31. Aberystwyth from Constitution Hill.
32. Hafod Church, nr. Aberystwyth, Ceredigion. (before the destructive fire).
33. Hafod Church, nr. Devilís Bridge, Ceredigion. (tinted).
34. Mary Hall (died at Aberystwyth).
35. Photo - taken at Aberystwyth of unknown "Daddy & Mama".
36/1-2. Views of Aberystwyth.
37/1-5. Storm at Aberystwyth.
38/1-3. Views of Aberystwyth.
39. Cardigan Memorial Hospital.
40. County School Cardigan.
41. Salmon Catch, Cardigan.
42. The Netpool, Cardigan.
43. High Street, Cardigan.
44. Pendre, Cardigan.
46. Cardigan Bridge.
47. A sunset at Gwbert, Cardigan.
48/1-2. Mwnt (Mount) church nr. Cardigan.
49. Saint Davids College Church in Llanbedre, Lampeter.
50. The grounds. St. Davidís College. Lampeter.
51. Church defense demonstration at Lampeter.
4 June 1913
52. Peterwell Ruins. Lampeter.
53. East & West beaches, Aberporth.
54. Aberporth (five view postcard).
55. The Bay, Aberporth. Cardiganshire.
56. East-Bank, Aberporth.
58. West-Bank, Aberporth.
59. Aberporth, Cardiganshire.
60. River Teifi from St. Dogmaels, Cardigan, with river launch.
61. The River Teify between (?) Cardigan & St. Dogmaels.
62. Pencemmaes from Poppit. St. Dogmaels.
63. Abbey Ruins and Church. St. Dogmaels.
64. River Teify from Graig St. Dogmael.
65. Traethgwyn, New Quay.
66. New Quay, Ceredigion.
67. New Quay, Ceredigion.
68. New Quay, Ceredigion.
69. New Quay from Pen Rhiw, Ceredigion.
70. New Quay from Pen-Rhiw.
71. The Sands, New Quay.
72. New Quay, Ceredigion.
73. New Quay, Ceredigion.
74. Rock Terrace, New Quay, Ceredigion.
75. Cliffs & pier, New Quay, Ceredigion.
76. New Quay, Ceredigion. (five views).
77. New Quay. The park and lighthouse.
78. Spinet, Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
79. Henry VII bed, Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
80. Inscription at Wern, Newydd, Llanarth.
81. Oak staircase at Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
82. Wern Newydd, Llanarth (where Henry VII slept on his way to Bosworth Field, 1485).
83. Wern Newydd (front door), Llanarth.
84. Wern Newydd, Llanarth.
85. Lower Fishguard Harbour.
86. Fishguard Harbour from Penslade.
87. Panoramic view of Fishguard Harbour.
88. Ty-glyn Aeron, near Cilcennin, Cardiganshire.
89. Rheidol Valley, Devilís Bridge. (coloured drawing).
90. Rheidol valley, Ceredigion.
91. Postcard: Devilís Bridge, Llanymyddyfri.
92. Llechryd, Bridge.
93. BronmŰr. Allen Raineís house, Tresaith, Ceredigion [Anne Adaliza Puddicombe].
94. View of Llanfechan (Llanwnen, Ceredigion) [Home of Admiral Thomas, built 1786].
95. Letter card of Llangranog Ceredigion. (6 views in sepia).
96. General view of Llanafan.
97. Glogue Valley.
98. Ship (?) wrecked (?).
99. Borth: rough sea, Ceredigion.
100. Llanbadarn church, Ceredigion.
101. Laying the foundation stone of Bangor-Teify church.
102. Laying the foundation stone of Bangor-Teify church.
103. Bangor-Teifi church vestry.
104. Unidentified chapel with crowd outside (nr. Llandyssul? Bangor Teifi?).
105/1-2. Strata Florida abbey ruins, Abaty Ystrad Fflur.
106. The memorial stone on Carreg Wasted Point, to the invasion by the French, 1797.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting