Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/851: Promotional material published by Arriva Trains Wales
[GB 0212] ADX/851Title:
Promotional material published by Arriva Trains WalesDate(s):
c.2006 onwards (originals 1930s-1950s)Level:
0.013m3Scope adn Content:
1. Postcard reproducing three old posters advertising Aberystwyth
2. Postcard reproducing posters advertising Barmouth, Harlech and Criccieth.
3. Postcard advertising The Cambrian Coast Line (depicts the Dyfi viaduct)
4. Postcard reproducing a 1930s poster by Charles Pears advertising The Cambrian Coast Line - 'Miles of glorious sands'
5. Postcard reproducing two 1930s posters promoting Shrewsbury
6. Arriva Trains timetable 2007-2008
7. Cambrian Trailway no. 1 leaflet (Borth - Aberystwyth)
8. Postcard 'The Cambrian Railways - the Train Attraction', with a specially commissioned painting by Michael Huber of the Dyfi viaduct (2009)
9. Postcard with specially commissioned painting 'The Railway at Newtown 1859-2009'
10. Postcard with specially commissioned painting depicting a seaside town and castle (possibly Criccieth) on a hill overlooking it.
11. Postcard with specially commissioned painting of Welsh landscape with train, sailing boats, people on bikes, people flying kites etc.
12. Postcard reproducing two old posters advertising Criccieth and Harlech Castle, with detachable money-off coupon for entry to either.
13. Postcard 'The Cambrian Railways - the Train Attraction', with a specially commissioned painting by Michael Huber of a train emerging from tunnel (2009)
14. Cambrian Champion Quiz - activities leaflet for children
15. Gwyliwr Gwlad y Cambrian Country Gazer - leaflet on landscape and attractions as seen from the train window on the Shrewsbury - Aberystwyth line
16. Gwyliwr Glannau'r Cambrian Coast Gazer - leaflet on landscape and attractions as seen from the train window on the Aberystwyth-Pwllheli line
17. The Cambrian ALEways - leaflet promoting trains and beer ('Use the trains to sample great ales')
18. Leaflet advertising 'Cambrian Coast Line - The Train Attraction'
19. 'Cambrian Trailway' leaflets (all bilingual):
- No. 1 Borth-Aberystwyth
- No. 2 Llwyngwril-Barmouth
- No. 3 Caersws-Newtown
- No. 4 Criccieth-Porthmadog
- No. 9 Tonfanau-Tywyn
- No. 10 Llanbedr-Harlech
20. Postcard depicting an Arriva Train at a station below a castle (painted by Neil S. Hopkins, 2010), advertising 'Train Stay Save', a special offer on accommodation for train travellers.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting