Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/757: Papers relating to the history of Llangeitho, Llanio, Llwynpiod and Llanbadarn Odwyn
[GB 0212] ADX/757Title:
Papers relating to the history of Llangeitho, Llanio, Llwynpiod and Llanbadarn OdwynDate(s):
0.017m3Scope and Content:
A collection of papers relating to the history of Llangeitho, Llanio, Llwynpiod and Llanbadarn Odwyn, with particular emphasis on the history of church and chapel. Collection originates with the Herbert family of Glynderwen, Llangeitho.
1. Parchment deed: Further charge on Gwenhafdre, p. Lledrod. Jenkin Owens to Jenkin Evans. 1 August 1859
2. Parchment deed: Further mortgage of Gwenhafdre, p. Lledrod. Jenkin Owens to Jenkin Evans. 9 July 1855
3. Pencil notes on the life of 'Evan', b. 1860.
4. Address given during a prizegiving ceremony at Tregaron Secondary School.
5. Memorandum of agreement between Daniel Lodwick Herbert of Glynderwen, Llangeitho and the Llangeitho Hearse Committee relating to a piece of garden to be granted by the former to the latter for the purpose of building a hearse house. 7 September 1923
6. Copied excerpts from the diary of the Rev. Timothy Davies, Caeronen, 1735
7. Notes on the history of Llangeitho (Welsh)
8. Handwritten account: 'Hanes Llangeitho a'i Hamgylchoedd'. Possibly 1858- see item 1 in list in ADX/757/23
9. Part of a handwritten account about Llangeitho (in Welsh). Apparently another (incomplete) version of item 8.
10. List of empty or derelict houses in the neighbourhood of Llanio, Llwynpiod, Rhydpandy, Ffynnongeitho, Felinfach, Capel Betws and Stag's Head. In Welsh, with notes. 1914. Item 3 in list in ADX/757/23
11. Two undated newspaper cuttings, both about Llangeitho.
12. Notebook containing notes on history of Llangeitho's Sunday School.
13. Printed sheet containing a religious poem set to music entitled: 'Gwobr y Plentyn' by Ab Ceitho
14. Exercise book of Edward Morgan, Llangeitho, containing 'Hanes Ysgol Sabothol Llangeitho'
15. Exercise book lacking its cover, with notes on religious matters. Found with item 14.
16. Notebook containing legal agreements re Gwynfryn, Llangeitho between Rees Rowlands of Gwynfryn and D. D. Evans, Llanio Fawr, Edward Jones, Ty melyn and D. L. Herbert. Glynderwen. c.1926
17. 'Hanes Morgannwg o'r Cambrian Journal' - copy made in 1859 of article dated ?1772.
18. Notes (or possibly a sermon) - no date. In Welsh.
19. Agreement to lease a field. Hugh Herberts Troedrhiw to William Williams, Rattal Shop, Llanio Road. 30 June1909
20. Leather wallet embossed with 'County of Cardigan-List of Committees'
21. Notes in Welsh on local religious matters incl. names of preachers etc.
22. Englynion i Mr. David Morgan, Llythyrdy, Llangeitho a'i Briod Dinah, gan Robert Parry ('Robyn Ddu Eryri'). 1878.
23. List of items contained in the envelope labelled ‘Hanes Llangeitho gan Dafydd Morgan’.
24. Envelope – see item 23.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting