Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/424: Estate Sales Catalogues
[GB 0212] ADX/424Title:
Estate sales particulars and livestock auctions catalogues from John Francis & Sons, Auctioneers & Estate AgentsDate(s):
13 itemsScope and Content
1. Particulars, plans and conditions of sale of a freehold estate in the parish of Llanrhystud comprising a farm known as Tynywern, two cottages known as Tysil, farms known as Tynydderwen and Esgair (fawr and fach)
2 October 1882
2. Particulars of sale of freehold estates in Llanybyther, and Pencarreg, Llanwenog and Llanwnen.
29 June 1887
3. Particulars, plans and conditions of sale of freehold properties in Llanddewy Brefi, Carmarthenshire. [cover only]
29 August 1890
4. Particulars, plans and conditions of sale in the parishes of Nantcwnlle, Llanfihangel Ystrad and Bettws Bledrws comprising, in the parish of Nantcwnlle a house and lands called Maesyfelin, a public house called The Blue Bell, a small holding known as Llundain Fach,a tenement called Rhosmount, a dwelling house called Glan Thames, a dwelling house called Penlon, a farm called Pentrefelin, a smallholding called Ffynonforgan, a tenement called Parke-bach, a farm called Glownant, a dwelling house called Pantycelin, a farm called Tyncelin, a farm called Clwttincoch, a tenement called Gwarffynon, farms called Esgairgwndy, Soar and Sychpant. In the parish of Llanfihangel Ystrad fields and a property called Gelli Glo Meadows, a farm called Gellyglo, a tenement called Dolbont, a farm called Hendre Eynon, meadows known as Dolbont Meadows, The Meeting House (opposite Abermeurig Post Office), a farm called Tynrhos, farms called Gilfachyfran and Cefnbysmawr, and a holding called Penclawdd-mawr. In Bettws Bledrws and Llanfihangel Ystrad a farm known as Blaenplwyf, or Blaenplwyf Ystrad or Cefnbisbach. In Bettws Bledrws a farm called Pencoeducha.
7 July 1893
5. Particulars, plans and conditions of sale for the freehold estate known as the Tynewydd Estate, including properties in the Cardiganshire parishes of Llandyssul and Bangor Teifi, comprising farms called Parke, Waunlluast or Waunlluest, Penalltcyplau or Penralltcyplau, Ty Newydd, Bargoedisaf or Bercoed Issa.
28 August 1894
6. Particulars, plans and conditions of sale of freehold properties forming outlying portions of the Pentre Estate, including Beili or Beilibach in Llangrannog, also Llainshed, Nantymawr, a cottage called Blaen-nant, a house known as Nanty Park, a cottage called Rhyd, a farm called Nantybach, cottages called "Pwllheli", "Fronhelyg" and "Cwm", water corn grist mill known as Felin Isaf or Lower Mill, two thatched cottages known as "Glandwr", a Calvinistic Methodist Chapel known as Bankyfelin Chapel, a farm known as Eisteddfa, a holding known as Ffynongroes, cottages called Tanyfron and Llettyrhew, a smallholding called Bwlchygroes, a farm called Cwmawenfawr, a smallholding called Dyffryn, a dwellinghouse known as Maesypentre, a smallholding known as Ffald or Bodawen, a farm called Blaenwaunisaf, a farm called Castell-y-Crugiau, a congregational chapel known as Capel-y-Crugiau, a farm called Maerdy, a cottage with smith's shop called Maerdy Forge and a cottage called Maerdy Cottage. In Llandissiliogogo parish a thatched cottage called Llain, a holding called Troedyrhiw, a slang of land known as Llain, and farms known as Penpark, Erwanfach, and Gaerwen (or Garnwen)
14 July 1903
7. Particulars and conditions of sale of freehold farms on the Alltyrodin Estate in the parishes of Llandyssil and Llandissiliogogo, comprising Gwarallt y Ferdre, the Castle Howell Arms Public House, Pantgwyn and Moylach, cottage and carding mill known as Bont Cottage and Carding Mill and a freehold cottage known as St. Mary's Cottage.
19 August 1904
8. Sale catalogue of freehold farms in the parish of Llandyssul, comprising Pantgwyn and Tancoed or Tancoed Bach.
1 September 1905
9. Sale catalogue of pedigree Shorthorn cattle, horses, Berkshire pigs and sheep.
15 September 1909
10. Sale catalogue of premises in the parishes of Pencarreh, Cayo, Llanycrwys, Llansawel, Llanfair Clydogau, Gorwydd, Aberayron and Lampeter, including Castle Hill, Llanfair Clydogau, Gorwydd Villa, 24 North Road and Mount Pleasant, Aberayron, 6 Station Road, Coronation Stores, and Teify Hall in Lampeter.
22 July 1910
11. Sale Catalogue of the Tregaron town portions of the Sunny Hill Estate, Cardiganshire, comprising the Talbot Hotel, cottages known as Ty Gwyn, business premises known as Albion House, Stanley House, the Town Hall, Tregaron, East End House, Tregaron Mill, Ystorwswen, the Red Lion Inn, Dolyfelen, two cottages known as Prospect Houses, Bryncaron House, Caen Penbank, shop and dwelling-house known as Sunnyside, the New Lamb public house, "Neuadd" in Station Road, The Railway Tavern Station Road, "Llys Einon" Station Road, "Cae'r Gog" Station Road, Brynawel Temperance Hotel, Station Road, with houses "Cartref", "Aelbryn" and "Ardwyn", Aeron Villas in Station Road, Dinam Villas in Station Road, "Caron House" and "Wern Villa" Station Road, the market field, The Railway Hotel Station Road, pasture land known as The Lawn, land known as Caepwll Swyddog and land known as the Vicarage Field.
29 August 1918
12. Sale catalogue of freehold properties known as Tanybwlch Estate, Aberystwyth, Cardiganshire.
27 July 1936
13. Sale of Appointments at Tanybwlch Mansion near Aberystwyth.
24-26 August 1936
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting