Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/394: Richards Family Records
Acc. 1074Ref: ADX/394Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/394Title:
Records relating to Richards family, their land and mining interestsDate(s):
9 itemsScope and Content
1. CONVEYANCE [printed] of a messuage or dwellinghouse and premises situate in the parish of Llanbadarnfawr.
1. William Edward Phelp Esq. and the Incumbrancers of William Thomas Rowland Powell and George Ernest John Powell Esqrs.
2. Mr. John Richards of Penycastell in the parish of Llanbadarnfawr, Mine Agent.
6 February 1874
2. WILL of John Richards of Pencastell, Goginan. Proved in Carmarthen 7 December 1882.
11 October 1882
3. SALE CATALOGUE for properties in the parish of Llanbadarn Fawr including Brynchwyth, Bwlch-y-gwair, Green Villa – Dyffryn Castell, Troedrhiwgoch, Gelly issa, The Dyffryn Castell Hotel, Gelly Ucha.
26 July 1897
4. SALE CATALOGUE for the Glanrheidol Estate in valley of Rheidol and around Goginan village, including Dolfawr, Gelli Lead Mine, Blaen-y ddol, Gelli, Troedrhiwlas, Caemolwg, Glanrhydtynoeth, Cefnbangorisaf, Bodweni, Penbryn, London House, The Stonemason's shop, Goginan, New York, the Miners' Arms, Pistyll House, Ddolwen, Goginan Mine. [copy inscribed "B.Richards, Pencastell, Goginan]
5 September 1910
5. MAPS from a Sale Catalogue (Lots 2-10, and 14-26 shown) including Hyddgen Farm and Derwen Las p. Machynlleth; Neuadd-Bryn-Glas Farm, Penpompren, Glynrheidol, Gwargraig and parts of Troed Rhiw Sebon Farm p. Llanbadarn Fawr.
6. MAP of lands around the Ystumtuen area, possibly a copy of part of the tithe map, with fields identified by schedule number and name, acreages given, and a value [?]. Includes Troed-rhiw-sebon,Penbryn Moelddu, and Penrhiwgam. Bearing the name "Benjamin Richards, Pencastell" [folded, ink on linen]
7. MAP: "Index Map shewing position of the Cardiganshire Old Bog Mine and Neighbouring Mines" Scale One Mile to an Inch.
8. PLAN: "Surface plan of the Mines agreed to be purchased by the Silver Hill Consols Mining Company Limited". Area around Ystumtuen, north of Devil's Bridge. Boundaries traced from the second class tithe map.
9. PHOTOGRAPH of a man and his small son. Photographer T. Lloyd, 29 Pier Street, Aberystwyth.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting