Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/355: Frank Evans
Acc. 1016Ref: ADX/355Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/355Title:
Papers relating to the works of the late Frank Evans of Aberystwyth Date(s):
1983 - 90Level:
5 itemsScope and Content
1. Letter from "Enid and Basil" [Jenkins?] of Redruth, Cornwall to Frank Evans containing notes on conditions in Mount Oeyama prisoner of war camp in Japan. In another hand, on the first page is written " B.A.L. Jenkins POW".
3 November 1983
2. Poem: "Recollections from Oeyama P.O.W. camp, Japan 1943"
3. Photograph of Frank Evans [in Japan?]
4. Photograph of memorial tablet to prisoners of war laid by Frank Evans
5. Framed copy of a pencil drawing showing "the sinking of the Lisbon Maru in the China Sea 2 October 1942 as a result of torpedoing. 1st battalion Middlesex Regt. aboard as prisoners of war. Drawn in Kobe, Japan by W.C. Johnson Lieut. (SC) U.S. Navy for the official records of the Middlesex Regt." [On reverse is pasted a newspaper cutting concerning the sinking of the Lisbon Maru]
n.d.See also ADX/351
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting