Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/325: Maritime career of J. N. Meredith
Acc. 953Ref: ADX/325Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/325Title:
Various material relating to Maritime and Military Activities of J. N. Meredith of AberystwythDate(s):
1946 - 78Level:
17 itemsScope and Content
1. Copy of Articles of Agreement of Service as Apprentice Boatbuilder between David Williams and sons, boatbuilders of Trefechan, Aberystwyth and James Noel Meredith of "Hilton", Llanbadarn Road, Aberystwyth.
2. Royal Air Force brief statement of service and certificate of discharge for J.N. Meredith.
3. Letter of recommendation from David Williams and sons, boatbuilders, Aberystwyth concerning J.N. Meredith reciting his completion of a five year apprenticeship and his subsequent National service.
4. Letter of recommendation by the Registrar of the University College of Wales, Aberystwyth concerning its ex-employee J.N. Meredith.
5. "Ficha Individual": Individual Certificate in Spanish/English of J.N. Meredith giving personal details including photograph and fingerprints for his occupation as a carpenter on board the steamer S.S. Eastbury.
6. Seaman's Record Book and Certificates of Discharge of J.N. Meredith (R582888) containing a personal record and record of sea service.
7. Seamen's Discharge Book of J.N. Meredith (R582888) containing a personal record and a record of sea service.
8. "Tripulante Maritimo: Carto de Serviço" (Seaman's Identification Service Card) of J. N. Meredith.
9. Accounts of Wages forms of J.N. Meredith:
10. Tax forms of J. N. Meredith
11. Correspondence from the Merchant Navy Establishment Administration
12. The National Union of Seamen: Member's Contribution Book Register no. 1493T. Owned by J.N. Meredith
13. The Merchant Navy Established Service Scheme (National Maritime Board)
14. The Merchant Navy Established Service Scheme (National Maritime Board)
15. The National Maritime Board Yearbook 19731974 Summary of Agreements (National Maritime Board)
16. Wages envelope "working by Tamworth in dry dock" of J. Meredith.
n.d. (post 1971)
17. Brass plate (63 x 42 mm) of David Williams and sons (boats) Ltd. Yacht and Boatbuilders, Aberystwyth.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting