Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/78 Magazine Cuttings and Misc.
Acc. 248Ref: ADX/78Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/78Title:
Personal Poem, Ball Programme, Arrival Notice, Archery Programme, Cuttings from ‘The Welshman’ and a sheet of Pressed FlowersDate(s):
1825 - 1900Level:
9 itemsScope and Content
1. Poem composed to commemorate the birth of a son. Mounted together with an envelope addressed to Griffith Thomas, Cardigan
2. Tivy-side Hunt Ball programme
29 April 1886
3. Notice announcing the arrival of Sen. Stephano Burows Wacur Lamsmachers in Aberystwyth to demonstrate "the intellectual and amusive art of breaking Gas-Lamps, wrenching off Knockers, twisting Bell-Pulls, etc. etc."
4. Cuttings relating to Cardiganshire Quarter Sessions from "The Welshman", notices (n.d.) to Cardiganshire electors from parliamentary candidates, 1865 and 1868; and an article on the Cardiganshire election from "The Aberystwyth
5. Cuttings relating to the Cardiganshire election, 1865; an archery meeting 1865; the Aberystwyth volunteers; and the National Eisteddfod at Aberystwyth
6. Cuttings from "The Welshman" relating to "The Cardiganshire Magistrates and the Prince of Wales"
7. Cutting relating to the Cardiganshire election 1818; fragment of a tailor’s bill (19th Century); fragment of a cutting relating to horse-racing
8. Engraving of Dolgellau, Merionethshire
9. Sheet of pressed flowers, headed "M. J. P. Pryse from Aberystwyth"
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting