Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
ADX/15: Postcards and Rentals
Acc. 51, 89, 105, 123, 144, 155, 175Ref: ADX/15Reference:
[GB 0212] ADX/15Title:
Postcards from the Aberystwyth area, Statements and RentalsDate(s):
1803 - 1948Level:
30 itemsScope and Content:
Acc. 51PostcardsWithdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.
1. South Marine Promenade and Castle, Aberystwyth. Published by L.P.
and F.A.P., Llandrindod Wells. No. 158. Recipient - Miss Celia Bache, 5
Simil Villa, Cape Hill, Smethwick, Birmingham. Sent by - C.W. from Aberystwyth.
2. The Beach, Aberystwyth. Great Western Railways Series 5. Coloured.
Postmark - "Great Western T.P.O. going East". Recipient - Miss B.
Woodward, Three Cups Inn, Malmesbury, Wiltshire.
3. Cwm Woods, near Aberystwyth. Published by Pictorial Stationery Co.
Ltd., London. "Peacock Brand". No. 2025. Coloured. Recipient – Miss
Mennell, 15 Oldham Street, Manchester. Sent by - Florence from
4. A view at Devil's Bridge, near Aberystwyth. Published by Pictorial
Stationery Co. Ltd., London. "Peacock Brand". No. 568. Recipient - Mrs.
Nell Macbean and Miss Bolton, Rosemont, Scarsby Terrace, Bridlington.
Sent by their Grandfather from Aberystwyth.
5. Aberystwyth from Constitution Hill. Kingsway Real Photo Series. No.
S 7430. Recipient - Mrs. A. Bowman, 38 Lambert Street, Barrack Hill,
Newport, Monmouthsire. Sent from Aberystwyth.
6. Ffrwd y Felin, Tresaith, Cardigan. Harding's (Bristol) "Britannia" Series
No. 1000. Coloured. Recipient - Mr. H. Cambridge, Charton House,
Caerau Road, Newport, Monmouthsire. Sent by - M. Liscombe.
7. The Pavilion and Pier, Aberystwyth. Published by Pictorial Stationery
Co. Ltd., London. "Peacock Brand". No. P 5266. Coloured. Recipient –
Miss H. Salt, The Vicarage, Littleover, near Derby. Sent by Mabel,
staying at 2 Gregson Villa, Ynyslas, Borth.
8. Statement of account of Sir Lawrence Palk with the Honourable
J. Vaughan. 1 July 1803 - 1 July 1804
9. List of estates in Northumberland, Durham and the Liberties of
Berwick-upon-Tweed, giving names of farms and tenants and details
of leases and rents.
10. Statement of account of Sir Lawrence Palk with Colonel Vaughan's
1 July 1804
11. Letters from Price and Williams of Lincoln's Inn (London) to Messrs.
Wood and Son, Attornies, Cardiff, Glamorganshire, containing a list of
annuities granted by John Vaughan, Esq., in the preceding 20 years.
15 November 1805
12. List of the yearly rent of tithes belonging to the Honourable John
Vaughan, in Cardiganshire and Carmarthenshire.
20 August 1803
13. Statement of account remaining due to the Honourable Colonel
1 July 1803
14. Rent roll of the chiefs and fee farm rents in the parishes of Sputty
and Ystrad Meirick, Lledrod, Gwnnus, Dihewid, Llanddewi Aberarth,
Llan St. Fread and Llanbadarn Tref Eglwys, and including the granges
of Mevenith, Blaen Airon, Pennarth, Cwmystwith, Havodwen and
15. Rental for one year of the Cwmnewidion Estate. (Nr. Trawscoed)
16. Rental of the Enfield Estate.
17. Rental of Estates in the manors of Ashcombe and Mamhead,
(Devon), the property of the Honourable Colonel Vaughan.
Acc. 89Withdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.
1. Postcard of North Parade, Aberystwyth. No. 3117. Sent to Miss E.
M. Morris of 13 Morden Road, Newport, Monmouthshire, from
21 August 1903
Acc. 105Withdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.
1. Lloyd's register of British and Foreign Shipping. Printed by Wyman
and Sons of Great Queen Street, London.
Acc. 123Withdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.
1. Postcard of the beach, Aberystwyth. Great Western Railway Series 5.
Sent from Bath to Miss B Woodward of Three Cups Inn, Malmesbury, Wilts.
29 August 1910
2. Postcard of the beach at the foot of Constitution Hill, Aberystwyth. No. 42.
Sent from Aberystwyth to Miss. A. Bowman of 38 Lambert Street, Barrack
Hill, Newport, Mon.
21 July 1925.
3. Postcard of view from Constitution, Hill, Aberystwyth, of the town
and Pendinas. Published by J. Salmon, Sevenoaks, England. No. 2774
Sent from Aberystwyth to Mrs. Milner of 5 L(?)stone Place, Chepstow
Road, Newport, Mon. Coloured
1 July 1926
4. Postcard, of Gwbert-on-Sea and hotel, near Cardigan. The Wrench
Series, no. 7132. Sent from Cardigan to Miss. A. M. Rees of Llwyncelyn,
London Road, Gorseinon, near Swansea. Coloured.
25 May (c.1904)
[italic;Withdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.]
1. "Panoramic Card" of Hafod Arms Hotel, Devil's Bridge, and the view
from the parapet.
2. Post card from the Old College Aberystwyth
Acc. 155Withdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.
1. Postcard of Devil's Bridge (colour)
2. Postcard of Horse Shoe falls near Llangollen
3. Postcard of Borth Beach
4. Postcard of Aberystwyth scenes
Acc. 175Withdrawn 22nd September 1994, but photocopies available for consultation.
1. Postcard showing the interior of the Science Library U.C.W. Aberystwyth.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting