Archifdy Ceredigion ArchivesNB. Admissions registers and log books are closed for 100 years. Other school records are closed to the public for 30 years after the date at which they were made.
Acc. VariousRef: CCY CAPEL CYNON (Bwlchygroes) Board, Council School
The 1905 report states that the school
, a mixed, provided school
, was erected in 1878. There was accommodation for 54. In 1904, there were 66 on the books and average attendance was 47.School Records
26 November 1877-31 October 1894 - CCY/1
1 November 1894-18 February 1929 CCY/2
19 February 1929-14 July 1978 CCY/3
Registers of admissions
1877-1900 - CCY/R/1
1900-2008 CCY/R/2County Council RecordsSchool
brochure, 1983 DYC/ED/4
Questionnaire dated 1920 giving details of the school
and its catchment area, with the headmasters opinions on local education, employment prospects and other local issues. CDC/ED/30, no. 97
Inquiry 1909: Cardigan & Tivyside Advertiser, 15 January 1909, 8C-F.
Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting