Tudalen Hafan / Home Page

Archifdy Ceredigion Archives
 MUSEUM COLLECTION



Ref: MUS/95 

Miscellaneous items 

Acc. 2612



MUS/95/1 
Fourteen identical ballot papers, Cynghor Dosparth, Llandysul area. 
Six candidates listed:
1. Daniel Evans, Porth Hotel, Hotel Keeper.
2. Ebenezer Evans, Gwarcoeducha, farmer.
3. John Evan, Tyssyl Quarry, Mason.
4. David Charles Jones, Tanffynon, Farmer.
5. John David Lewis, Gomerian Press, Llandyssul, Printer.
6. William Thomas, Fronwen, Farmer. 
Ballots were printed by John Richard Davies of Newcastle Emlyn.
No date – 1930s?

MUS/95/2 
Notice of Great Western Railway Road Motor Service between Aberystwyth and Aberaeron commencing Monday 5 November1906 “until further notice”. 

Acc. 1279



MUS/95/3
Sale catalogue: ‘Country Residence in the Village of Llanarth, known as “Gwynfryn”, several excellent freehold farms, small holdings and accommodation fields, all in the parish of Llanarth, convenient houses and gardens, and pasture land, building sites etc., in the village of Llanarth, freehold ground rents, with reversions at early dates of several premises, including the fully licensed public-house, known as the “Rose Hill Arms”, Llanarth. For sale by auction on Thursday, the 11th day of September, 1913, at the “Rose Hill Arms”, Llanarth, at 1.30 p.m., promptly. Auctioneers: Messrs. Thomas Jones & Sons, Garthowen, Pontshan, Llandyssil. Solicitor: John T. Lewis, Esq., 54, Chancery Lane.’

Gwynfryn is a gothick mansion that was built in the 1890s for Bishop D.L. Lloyd of Bangor (d.1899).
Agreement at rear filled out by Mary Rees of Rosehill Cottage, Llanarth, who had purchased lots 31 and 32 for £247:10:0, leaving a deposit of £27:10:0. 

Lot 1: The Freehold Farm known as “Nantygwrdu” (let to Mr David Evans).
Lot 2. The Freehold Small Holding known as “Rhydfyddau” (sublet by Mr David Evans to Mr Lewis Thomas).
Lot 3. The Very Convenient Freehold Small Holding called “Gosen” (sublet by Mr David Evans to Mr David Benyon).
Lot 4. All that Productive Freehold Field, with a Small Slang attached.
Lot 5. All those Two Valuable Freehold Accommodation Fields … “Neuadd Fields”.
Lot 6. All that other Excellent Accommodation Field, with Plantations adjoining … “Caerllyn”. 
Lot 7. All that Valuable Accommodation Field with the Plantations adjoining.
Lot 8. That Very Desirable Freehold Farm, known as “Pantycefn” … and with the Cottage known as “Pantcefnfach”, now in the occupation of Mr Griffith Jenkins.
Lot 9. The Compact Freehold Farm and Lands, known as “Ropeyard”, otherwise “Hopyard” … now let to Mr Evan Thomas.
Lot 10. All that Freehold, Attractive and Nicely Situated Country Residence, beautifully Situated in its own well-timbered and picturesque grounds called and known as “Gwynfryn” … now let to Mr J.H. Ravenshaw.
Lot 11. All that Freehold Field …
1913
Lot 12. That Very Nicely Situated Freehold Farm and Lands, called “Penwern” … let to Mr George Maclaren … also the Cottage known as “Penrhiwfach”, in the occupation of Mary Davies.
Lot 13. That Most Desirable Freehold Small Holding, called “Pontfaen” … now let to Miss Mary Rees.
Lot 14. All that Freehold House and Garden known as “Castle Green” … now in the occupation of Mr Daniel Jones.
Lot 15. All that Freehold House and Garden … known as “Castle” and now in the occupation of Mr William Evans.
Lot 16. All that Freehold House and Garden known as, known as “Rose Cottage” … let to Mr Jenkin James.
Lot 17. All that Freehold House and Garden known as “Rose Green” … let to Captain David James.
Lot 18. All that Freehold House and Garden known as “Aurora House” … now in the occupation of Mr Timothy Thomas.
Lot 19. All that Freehold House and Garden known as “Tanyard House” … now in the occupation Miss Hannah Rees.
Lot 20. All those Several Buildings, Yards and Premises, now in the several occupations of Mr Evan Evans, Mr Timothy Thomas and Mr Rees Rees, known together as “The Tanyard”.
Lot 21. All those Two Freehold Houses and Gardens known as “Plas” … now in the occupation of Mr Griffith Lewis Davies and another.
Lot 22. All that Freehold Field …
Lot 23. All that Freehold Field …
Lot 24. That Very Desirable Freehold Building Plot … situate between Myrtle Hill and Gwynfryn Field, and on part of which now stands the Confectionary Shop of Mrs Nell Davies.
Lot 25. That Very Desirable Building Plot.
Lot 26. The Freehold Plot adjoining the last lot.
Lot 27. The Freehold Plot adjoining the last lot.
Lot 28. The Freehold Plot adjoining the last lot.
Lot 29. All that Freehold House and Garden known as “Brynhyfryd” … now in the occupation of Mr Richard E. Bevan.
Lot 30. All that House and Garden adjoining the last lot, also known as “Brynhyfryd”, now in the occupation of the Rev. J.M. Prytherch..
Lot 31: ‘All that freehold house and shop known as “Rosehill Cottage”’, occupant Mary Rees.
Lot 32: ‘All that freehold building site now occupied as a garden with Rosehill Cottage’.
Lot 33. All that Freehold Garden Plot.
Lot 34. All that Freehold Plot, upon which there now stands the Workroom and Shop occupied by Mr T.E. Jones, and a Stable.
Lot 35. The Freehold House and Garden, known as “Myrtle Hill”, now in the occupation of Mr Evans (subject to a lease made between Eliza Lloyd and Daniel Lewis Lloyd, and Mary Davies).
Lot 36. All that Freehold House and Garden, known as “Alma”, now in the occupation of Miss Grace Jones (subject to a lease made between Eliza Lloyd and Daniel Lewis Lloyd, and Francis Jones).
Lot 37. The Freehold House and Garden, known as “Alma”, now in the occupation of Mrs Margaret Evans (subject to a lease made between Eliza Lloyd and Griffith Thomas).
Lot 38. The Freehold House, Shop and Garden, known as “Alma”, now in the occupation of Mrs Davies (subject to a lease made between Eliza Lloyd and Abraham Enoch.
Lot 39. The Freehold House and Garden, known as “Arba”, Llanarth, now in the occupation of Mr Samuel Williams (subject to a lease made between Eliza Lloyd and Daniel Lewis Lloyd, and Samuel Williams).
Lot 40. All that Freehold Fully Licensed Public House, known as “Rose Hill Arms”, Llanarth, now in the occupation  of Mr Evan Davies (subject to a lease made between Eliza Lloyd and Griffith Davies).
Lot 41. All that Very Pleasantly Situated Freehold Dwelling House, with the Tucking Mill and other Outhouses attached, with the large, well-cultivated Garden known as “Pandy”, now in the occupation of Mr John Llewelyn Lewis. 



Ceredigion Archives - 40 years of preserving the past for the future - and counting
Admin